On Friday, January 25, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m., the Chamber invites you to the release of the study entitled Relaunching downtown Montréal in an environment undergoing profound change: Strategies for leveraging new ways of organizing work and consumption downtown.
During this luncheon, Michel Leblanc, President and CEO of the Chamber, will present the findings of the study and courses of action to mobilize the business community around concrete initiatives. Following the presentation, there will be a discussion between Michel Leblanc and Chantal Rouleau, Minister Responsible for the Metropolis and the Montréal Region.
The purpose of the study, conducted as part of the “I love working downtown” initiative, was to document the effects of increased remote work and e-commerce on the private sector and the commercial fabric of downtown Montréal by developing different scenarios for the gradual return of workers, students, residents and visitors.
This process aims to strengthen the downtown core and its business sectors and has also identified the factors that will ultimately make downtown a more diversified, resilient and accessible economic hub.
This study will help equip downtown decision-makers and employers in order to:
- Facilitate the transition to new models of work organization
- Enhance the downtown experience and encourage a variety of uses
- Contribute to informed decision-making in terms of private investment
- Position the downtown core as a strategic sector that contributes to the international visibility of the city
8:30 a.m. – Welcome remarks and release of the study
8:50 a.m. – Political remarks and talk:
9:15 a.m. - End of the event
* Please note that this activity will be presented on the Vimeo platform. You will receive a confirmation email following your registration including the link to connect.
With the financial participation of: