Greater Montréal is currently experiencing a strong economic recovery.
According to Statistics Canada, 56% of the 150,000 jobs created in Québec over the past year (April 2021 to April 2022) were in Montréal. Still, job vacancies continue to climb and a growing number of companies are having a hard time finding the people they need locally.
What many employers don’t know is that international recruitment services have become increasingly professional and more widely available over the past few years. Nowadays, hiring talent from abroad is something any business, no matter how big or small, can easily do to address labour shortages.
While recruiting internationally can take more time and cost a little more than recruiting locally, it is generally a better alternative to doing nothing and missing out on business opportunities. That’s especially true for companies that are looking to hire the best and brightest to stand out from the competition and grow their business.
If you’re still unsure about recruiting internationally, here are a few other benefits often cited by organizations that have taken the plunge in recent years:
- Gives you access to a pool of skilled, experienced, multilingual talent.
- Helps your business achieve better diversity and inclusion outcomes.
- Helps promote your employer brand to your customers, suppliers and partners.
- Enables you to boost innovation and productivity by hiring people who come from different cultural backgrounds and bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table.
- Makes it easier to enter new geographic markets as you build your global networks and gain a better understanding of international affairs.
Want to give international recruitment a try? Or simply learn more about it, including how long it takes, how much it costs, and what the immigration procedures are? Feel free to contact a Montréal International adviser and be sure to visit our dedicated website, TalentMontreal.com.