Why take this training on international trade?
The development of business professionals has become more challenging in recent times due to the rapidly changing market and technologically diverse workforce.
In response to this whirlwind of change and to help business professionals adapt, business simulation games allow teams to develop skills essential to day-to-day business operations.
International Trade Business Simulation
International trade business simulation addresses challenges typically encountered in managing international trade such as export/import issues, drawback operations, currency risk and global logistics.
The program will use an online business simulation (www.oggsimulation.com). Participants will be divided into groups that will each manage a virtual company. The various companies will make crucial business decisions and compete among themselves on a common market.
Format of the international trade simulation
Six 2-hour meetings, equal to six semesters in real life (1 and a half years)!
- Formation of groups of 4–5 people, with each group representing a virtual company. The companies will compete among themselves on a common market.
- In each group, company members will have defined roles (e.g. management, operations, marketing, HR and finance).
- Presentation of instruction manual
- Region where the company will establish itself
- Region where the company will be a leader in terms of market share
- Region where the company will have a strong market share
- General strategy
Decision-making (games) regarding various factors:
- Operations (e.g. purchasing raw materials)
- Marketing (e.g. strategic plan, brand image, Incoterms)
- Human resources (e.g. setting salaries)
- Finance (e.g. loans, savings)
- Information report purchases
- Results forecasts (to confirm decisions)
- Results analysis and simulator
- Presentation of team rankings
- Analysis of criteria used to judge teams (e.g. market share, return on investment, level of debt, innovation)
- Discussion of takeaways from the training and ways in which participants can leverage their experience in their real lives
What will you learn in this international trade training session?
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Prepare staff to immediately carry out various tasks related to the operations of a company that is expanding into new markets;
- Understand the challenges that come with going international;
- Offer opportunities for continuous personal and professional development;
- Change attitudes by providing participants with quick access to the company’s various functions, in order to create a more satisfying climate among employees;
- Prepare individuals to take on new roles in the organization or even to better manage their company;
- Develop skills, such as decision making, conflict resolution, systems thinking, strategic planning, information and communication management and teamwork.
Who is this training on international trade for?
SMEs beginning to expand internationally;
- Anyone wanting to learn more about and prepare for global marketing.
- Participants are required to attend all six sessions, and agree to be actively involved in all the sessions.
- Participants must have access to a microphone for speaking as well as a camera on their computer.
- After registration, participants will receive the Zoom link to join the session.
- No cancellations or refunds.