See the participating companies
Overview of the trade mission
February 9 to 14, 2020, join a technology and startup trade mission to Israel. The mission will begin in Tel Aviv with several events to better understand the Israeli market and will end in Jerusalem at the OurCrowd Global Investor Summit, a large international event that will bring together stakeholders from the innovation and startup industry.
Israel is a world leader in the science, technology and innovation sectors. This country is home to the sixth biggest startup ecosystem in the world, earning it the name of “Startup Nation.” The governments of Quebec and Israel signed an agreement in 2017 for collaboration on technological innovation.
Join this mission to:
- Discover business opportunities on the Israeli market in the field of innovation;
- Learn more about how venture capital works in Israel;
- Understand how the technology and startup industry works in Israel (players, industry associations, incubators, accelerators, etc.);
- Identify new trends in technological innovation;
- Make business connections with prospective clients and partners;
- Strengthen your international presence and visibility.
Participation package for the mission:
Who should participate?
Any company that wants to develop its business in Israel or learn more about this market.
Companies in the following sectors are especially targeted:
- Aerospace and defence
- High technology
- Artificial intelligence
- Life sciences
- Clean technology
- Medical technology
About the OurCrowd Investor Summit 2020
The OurCrowd Investor Summit is an event that will bring together stakeholders from the innovation and startup ecosystem. It is known as one of the biggest high-tech and business events in Israel.
During this week, come get inspired and find concrete solutions while meeting key players at a forum, interactive exhibitions, business meetings and satellite events.
View the program for this event:
The 2019 summit in numbers:
- 18,000 participants from 189 countries
- Over 1,200 entrepreneurs
- Over 1,000 individual meetings planned
- 600 multinationals
- 470 venture capital experts
- 210 speakers
Why participate in this event:
Israel is known as the “Startup Nation.” With one startup per 2,000 inhabitants, it has a strong ecosystem based on innovation, entrepreneurial culture and a high number of incubators.
According to the Global Startup Ecosystem Report:
- Tel Aviv is ranked:
- No. 2 worldwide for cybersecurity
- No. 3 worldwide for artificial intelligence
- Jerusalem is a leader in life sciences
If you would like to know more about this promising market click here.
Canada-Israel Free Trade Agreement (CIFTA):
CIFTA came into effect in 1997. Since then it has tripled bilateral merchandise trade between the two countries, which reached $2 billion last year.
Currently, 90% of Canadian exports to Israel are eligible for preferential customs tariffs.