The mission at a glance:
From July 7 to 11, 2019, the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal’s Acclr team of experts invites you to participate in a trade mission in the fashion industry in Vancouver in the context of KNOWSHOW, a business to business (B2B) trade show that brings together hundreds of preeminent and emerging brands and unique retailers.
The 14th edition of KNOWSHOW
In its 14th year, KNOWSHOW provides a world-class platform for fashion, outdoor living, athleisure, kids’ clothes and watersports.
The trade show allows brands and retailers to interact with industry leaders and subject matter experts to learn about emerging trends and tactical skills needed to navigate the competitive retail landscape.
Who is the mission geared towards ?
Learn more about the KNOWSHOW
A unique opportunity to:
- Validate your products’ potential
- Benefit from the knowledge of experienced participating businesses
- Learn more about marketing your products
- Make connections with fashion industry companies
- Get personalized support from the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal’s Acclr experts
Participation in the mission includes:
- Access to KNOWSHOW and the KNOWHOW Conference
- Visibility as part of a delegation of Quebec businesses
- A shared exhibition area
- Decoration of the exhibition area (certain restrictions apply)
- Co-sponsorship of a cocktail hour in the shared exhibition area
- A B2B meeting
- A tour of the offices of one or two leading brands
- A preparatory seminar before the trade mission
- An information session upon arrival
- Networking activities
- Logistical support and accompaniment from the CCMM’s Acclr experts for your entire trip
- An Air Canada promotional code
In addition to KNOWSHOW, participants will also participate in the KNOWHOW Conference on the following subjects:
- Mobilizing clients in the digital automation era
- The best marketing and brand image strategies
- How to get the best out of B2B meetings
Although KNOWSHOW has its roots in action sports, the event has become a world-class platform for fashion, outdoor living, athleisure, kids’ clothes, winter sports and watersports.
In 2018, the athleisure trend provided strong support for the current growth of retail sales of sports clothes and shoes.
- Vancouver’s strong economic performance between 2001 and 2016 put the city in the top five large cities in the world in terms of growth. It is also home to Canada’s largest port.
- The city hosts Vancouver Fashion Week, the second largest fashion week in North America. It is also a top destination for active lifestyle enthusiasts.
- Vancouver is a thriving and world-renowned tourism destination. The demand for luxury products is continuing to be stimulated by international tourism.
- It is one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world and is close to Asian markets.
Who should participate in this trade mission?
All ready-to-wear clothing companies and designers looking to develop their business outside Quebec, meet retailers and develop marketing tools are invited to participate in this mission. It will be particularly focused on the following sectors:
- Men’s and women’s fashion
- Products for children
- Outdoor wear
- Sports and leisure (athleisure): skis, snowboards, boots and bindings, camping equipment, swimsuits and water sport equipment, etc.
The trade mission is aimed at business leaders, business development managers, sales managers, international business managers and anyone else looking to develop products and services for the fashion industry.
If you are:
- A company or designer of ready-to-wear clothing in the fashion or lifestyle sectors
- Looking to join a group of exhibitors and meet retailers
- Looking to learn and acquire tools to market your products
…then this trade mission is perfect for you!