The trade mission at a glance:
From January 27 to February 1, 2020, join this mission in the fintech sector at the 2020 Paris Fintech Forum, an international event on digital finance in the fintech world.
New: In order to expand your business connections in Europe, after the forum, join Acclr’s international trade experts on a two-day tour of two key financial centres: Belgium and Luxembourg.
Participation package for the Paris Fintech 2020 mission:
Contact et informations
For more information:
Advisor, International Market Development
514 871-4002 #6212
International Business Commissioner
514 871-4002 #6215
Who should participate?
- Fintech representatives
- Representatives of the financial sector in Quebec
- Financial institutions
- Insurance companies
Are you an entrepreneur under 35 years of age?
Entrepreneurs under 35 years of age could receive support from the Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) to cover part of the international transportation costs of the trade mission to Paris. To see if you qualify, check out the criteria here
About the 2020 Paris Fintech Forum
After the success of the previous four editions, the Paris Fintech Forum has become an international landmark event in the world of financial technology. Taking place in the heart of Paris, the 2020 edition aims to bring leaders of financial institutions, banks, insurance companies, regulatory bodies, fintech start-ups and financial players from all over the world together for two days. Don’t miss this premium event focused on digital finance and fintech!
2020: 5th edition
+ 250 CEOs on stage
+ 160 fintechs
+ 70 countries
+ 2600 participants
+ 140 exhibitors
Watch this video to get a preview of the 2020 forum!
Discover the fintech environment in France, Belgium and Luxembourg:
The fintech environment in France
- Investment in French fintech in July 2019 was 80% higher than the previous year (FinTech Global, 2019)
- The most popular fintech sub-sectors for investment between 2014 and 2019 were: payments and remittances, infrastructure and enterprise software, wealthtech
- Three French fintech companies are featured among KPMG’s 2018 top 100 most innovative fintech companies in the world: Lendix, +Simple.fr and Shift Technology (KPMG, 2018)
- Comprehensive and innovative financial centre
- Second-largest asset management sector in the world
- Largest bond market in Europe
The fintech ecosystem in Belgium
- European country where it’s fastest to start a company (Forbes, 2018)
- Favourable proximity to the main European decision-making and legislative bodies, i.e. the European Parliament and the European Commission (Forbes, 2018)
- Home to major players in the financial sector: Bank of New York Mellon, Euroclear, SWIFT, and many others (B-Hive/TheHub)
- Fintechs’ main areas of activity: data analysis, blockchain and artificial intelligence (B-Hive, 2019)
The fintech ecosystem in Luxembourg
- Top gateway to the European Union for international fintechs (Luxembourg for Finance, 2019)
- Centre of excellence for cross-border banking services (Luxembourg for Finance, 2019)
- Home to large electronic payment companies: PayPal, Amazon and Rakuten (Luxembourg for Finance, 2019)
- Main areas of activity of fintechs: Mobile payments and electronic currency, regtech and megadata analysis, distributed ledger technology (DLT), insurtech, security and authentication, automated investment services, alternative loans)