THE ACTIVITY IN BRIEF
In order to facilitate contacts between businesses and the organizations that can obtain supplies from them, as well as to provide further knowledge of the world of government procurement, the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal is organizing three seminars, followed by individual meetings*:
Participation in the seminars includes a networking luncheon.
- To explore the great potential of business opportunities offered on municipal government procurement in Quebec
- To personally meet the people in charge of procurement for various municipalities, and the organizations that ensure the impartiality of the tendering process
- To keep up to date with the latest developments in regulations on competition and transparency regarding calls for tender and government contracts
- To network with other entrepreneurs who, like you, are interested in municipal government procurement
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART?
- All companies seeking government clients on the municipal market
- Entrepreneurs, economic development organizations, researchers, and students interested in the issue of procurement by public stakeholders and their tendering process
ABOUT PUBLIC MARKETS
Each year in Canada, the federal, provincial, and municipal governments allocate $120 billion for the purchase of products and services intended for government operations, at all levels.
The municipal governments’ extremely varied range of goods and services, as well as their considerable purchase volume, offer numerous business opportunities for suppliers in such areas as:
- Providing services to citizens
- The construction of public buildings and infrastructures
- The purchase of new equipment
Being approved as a supplier for government stakeholders comes with several advantages:
- The clients are all solvent
- It’s an acknowledgement of the quality of your company’s products or services
- Various agencies ensure that the procurement process remains transparent, ethical, and impartial
There is recourse for the settlement of any possible disputes
Meet stakeholders from Quebec municipal departments and agencies seeking to meet suppliers.