The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal today unveiled the business community’s five priorities in the leadup to the federal election. As is customary, the CCMM will not take a position in this election campaign. It is, however, asking all stakeholders–including the candidates and parties running to form the next federal government–to take note of the issues it is presenting today and make their positions clear.
1. Canada's next government must address labour shortages as an economic priority
2. Canada's next government will need to provide targeted assistance while maintaining control over public finances; that will have to be done without increasing the tax burden on businesses and individuals
3. Canada's next government must deliver a green stimulus to meet our GHG emission reduction targets
4. Canada's next government must create a business environment that supports increased interprovincial and international trade
5. Canada's next government must invest in upgrading strategic infrastructure for Montréal
Consult the priorities