Take part in the Strategic Forum on April 27 to understand how internationalization plays a crucial role in Montréal's economy.
Learn about the contribution of the international to the metropolitan region's economic growth and discover business opportunities generated by subsidiaries of foreign companies for local businesses.
Just last year, foreign companies invested more than $2 billion in Greater Montréal, making up 15% of economic growth in Quebec. This is an increase of 50% compared to 2016 and of 100% compared to 2015. As a result, more than 5,000 direct, high-quality jobs were created and maintained.
Several of our domestic companies are attracting attention internationally and seizing business opportunities in foreign markets. They play an essential role in Quebec’s economic development, exports making up 46.7% of the GDP. Nearly 30% of jobs in the province result from foreign trade.
Source : Montréal International.
Ministère de l’Économie, de la Science et de l’Innovation (2016), Stratégie québécoise de l’exportation 2016-2020.
Participate in this forum and:
- To learn how local SMEs bolstered their growth through international expansion;
- To learn how the subsidiaries of foreign companies can benefit businesses like yours through unprecedented collaborations;
- To understand how to make the most of agreements and the global context to grow your business in international markets;
- To discover how international talent and investment support the dynamism of companies like yours;
- To be the first to discover the findings and recommendations from the study led by the Chamber, Montréal International and the Ministère de l'Économie, de la Science et de l'Innovation (MESI) on the strategic importance of international markets to the city’s economy;
- To network and find business opportunities.
Learn the importance of internationalization to your business prosperity!
Buy your tickets
Overview of the program
Ask your questions to the speakers
7 a.m.: Registration, breakfast and networking
7:30 a.m.: Talks
12:15 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Business luncheon
7 am - Registration
Opening remarks and introduction
8:15 - Greater Montreal, connected internationally for greater collective wealth
Presentation (2 Mb)
Bloc I – The key role of international markets for our businesses’ growth and the prosperity of Greater Montréal
8:30 am - Three local champions who export Montreal creativity worldwide
Annie DeromeCEO and Executive Producer
Suzanne BertrandChief Financial Officer
Dominique LebelSenior Vice-President, Business Solutions
8:45 am - How foreign subsidiaries support the growth of our companies: the case of Bonduelle
Daniel CaumartinVice President, Business Development Americas, Information Technology and FFG
Simon LarrivéeGeneral Manager
Emmanuelle ToussaintVice President, Legal, Regulatory & Public Affairs and External communications
Nova Bus and Prevost, divisions of Volvo Group
François DemersPresident, General Manager
B3CG Interconnect Inc.
9 am - Lightspeed a growth model supported by international expansion
9:15 am Question period
9:25 am Break and networking
Bloc II – Attract international talents and investments to keep Greater Montréal thriving
9:55 am - The economic vitality of the metropolis strengthened by FDI
10:10 am - The contribution of multinationals to the development of the local ecosystem
Yannis MallatCEO, Ubisoft Canadian Studios
Anna ChifChief Operating Officer
10:25 am Question period
Bloc III – Increase the competitiveness and appeal of the city on the international stage
10:35 am - Innovation and talent consolidated by international investment
Steve O'BrienChairman and Chief Executive Officer
Siegfried UsalcortAIx Managing Director & Vice-president, Strategy, Marketing and Technology
Thales Canada Inc.
10:50 am - Consolidating the metropolis' international competitiveness: capital, taxation and openness to the world
Anne-Marie HubertQuébec Managing Partner
David VincentDirector – Business Development, Québec
Raymond BachandQuebec’s Chief Negotiator for NAFTA
Strategic Advisor, Norton Rose Fulbright
11:05 am - Strengthening our companies' competitiveness in external markets through strategic consortia
11:15 am - Connecting the metropolis to world markets through state-of-the-art infrastructure
Serge AuclairVice-President, Strategy and Human Resources
Port of Montreal
Sébastien LabbéAssistant Vice-President, Business Transformation
11:30 am Question period
11:40 am End of the Forum
Who should participate in this forum:
- Decision makers from big businesses and SMEs
- Anyone interested in developing their business
- Leaders looking for innovation, financing and qualified labour
- The business and institutional community of Greater Montréal
- Political decision makers