1. A Quebec SME’s secrets of success
2. COPARMEX and the business opportunities in the Mexican strategic clustersbusinesses
President of the Commission for large enterprises
Employers Confederation of the Mexican Republic (COPARMEX)
3. Strategies for gaining access to public procurement in Mexicomarketing
CMKZ, Business and International Trade Law
4. Doing business in Mexico: Specific legal aspects you need to know
Lawyer and Trademark Agent
Director of the Intellectual Property and International Business Law Departments
Honorary Vice-Consul of Mexico in Quebec
5. Round table discussion: companies active in Mexico
Director International Affairs
Jesta – IS
THE ACTIVITY IN BRIEF
On September 25, our guest experts will address several aspects of doing business in Mexico.
You will also be able to speak to the presenters and to entrepreneurs active in their respective markets, thereby benefiting from their advice on the best business development strategies to adopt.
Also not to be missed from November 11 to November 15: our trade mission to Mexico.
View the preliminary program by clicking here.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Learn about business opportunities and promising sectors in Mexico for Quebec companies
- Assess your development strategy for the Mexican market
- Hear experts and entrepreneurs speak about their experience on this market
Mexico is a leading partner for both Canada and Quebec, and is an exceptional business destination. Our businesses enjoy special access to the country, thanks to NAFTA, and several of our flagship companies, such as Bombardier, have already made Mexico part of their international strategy.
The country combines the advantages of emerging markets (growth, accelerated resource development, a new middle class) with the properties of advanced economies (predictability, efficient courts, access to capital).
It makes large investments in infrastructure (ports, railroads, airports, telecommunications, electrical networks, water management) and is becoming a major player in the aeronautics industry, offering many prospects for Quebec-based businesses.
Mexico remains one of the countries among emerging economies in which manufacturing costs have remained the lowest.
Facts and figures:
- A country that will be among the top 10 global economies by 2020
- A GDP growth rate of 3.9% in 2012, projected to be 3.4% this year and in 2014, according to the IMF
- The second largest economic power in Latin America
- Quebec’s 5th largest global partner, and its leading partner in Latin America
- Canada is the 4th largest foreign investor in Mexico
- A country in which some 2,500 Canadian businesses are active
- The 8th most popular tourist destination in the world
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART?
- Entrepreneurs seeking to expand into the Mexican market, or who are already active on the market but are seeking to network and learn more.
- Business advisors, researchers, and service providers (lawyers, accounting firms, consultants).
- Businesses in the following sectors are especially targeted:
- Information technology and telecommunications
- Life sciences and medical equipment
- Green technologies
- Defence and security
Register for this seminar to make key contacts and learn how you can take advantage of this market’s global economic growth! Then, put your newly acquired skills to work and further your expansion efforts by taking part in our trade mission to Mexico from November 11 to November 15.