A brief look at the Peruvian market and business opportunities
Mr. Tim Steed
Senior Associate, International Business Development Group, South America
Export Development Canada (EDC)
Preparing to conquer the Peruvian market – entry strategies and cultural aspects
Mr. Edgar Escudero
Commercial Services Director
Chamber of Commerce Peru-Canada in Montréal
Business legal framework in Peru
Ms. Gilda Villaràn
Doctor of the Science of Law
Mr. Jose Luis Peroni
Director – Trade Commission of Peru in Canada
- Meet experts and benefit from their knowledge of the various Peruvian business opportunities;
- Learn about the specifics of conducting business in Peru;
- Take advantage of the experience of Quebec businesses already active in this country.
With special guest:
José Luis Peroni
Trade Office of Peru in Toronto
In partnership with PROMPERU, each participant will receive two tickets for the “Peru: Kingdoms of the Sun and the Moon” exhibit presented by the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts from February 2 to June 16, 2013.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Entrepreneurs who intend to penetrate the Peruvian market, or already present there and wishing to learn more;
This activity was specially designed for businesses from the following industries:
- Infrastructure and construction
- Fashion and apparel
View the program
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Learn about the business opportunities Peru has to offer;
- Assess your Peruvian market development strategy;
- Listen to expert advice;
- Hear entrepreneurs talk about their experiences on this market;
- Network with entrepreneurs with a common goal – developing their business on the Peruvian market.
WHY CHOOSE PERU?
South American countries have experienced accelerated economic growth these past few years. Among a number of up-and-coming powers, Peru distinctively stands out. Its economic climate is conductive to commercial exchanges as well as numerous trade opportunities. The soaring Peruvian economy represents a strategic business destination for an increasing number of Canadian businesses. The recent adoption of free trade agreements between Canada and Peru has made this market more accessible and more favourable than ever, consolidating Peru’s position as a stable destination with a high potential for growth and a promising economic outlook.
- Natural resources, especially the mining sector;
- Financial services;
- Infrastructures, particularly in the health and education sectors.
PERU IN NUMBERS:
- Estimated 6% GDP growth in 2012 and 5.8% in 2013 (IMF);
- Canada’s 2nd bilateral partner in Latin America (excluding Mexico);
- 3rd Canadian direct investment destination in South and Central America;
- World Bank Ease of Doing Business Index: 3rd in the Latin American and Caribbean region;
- Bilateral trade with Canada: $4.45 billion in 2011;
- Population: 30 million.
Implement an effective development strategy in Peru and take advantage of its strong growth.