A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Identify business possibilities for your company in Brazil
- Evaluate your development strategy for the Brazilian market
- Hear entrepreneurs discuss their experience on this market
- Meet potential partners and key players for your projects in Brazil
- Assess this market’s potential for your company’s growth
- Understand the challenges and issues for Quebec businesses
THE ACTIVITY IN BRIEF
On February 27, our guest experts will address several aspects of doing business in Brazil. Come assess the potential of this market for your business.
South America's leading economic power, Brazil ranked 7th on the global economic scale in 2012.
Brazil has abundant natural resources and a dynamic industrial sector. Its economy is stable and its domestic demand is growing steadily.
In 2012, the value of Quebec exports to Brazil was $542.5 million, making Brazil Quebec's 10th largest international partner and its 2nd largest in Latin America. Bilateral investments between Canada and Brazil have also increased significantly over the past few years.
Quebec is the most active Canadian province on the Brazilian market. Close to 650 Quebec businesses export to Brazil. Join these companies that are enjoying success on this expanding market.
Canada and Brazil have combined their efforts in the following fields:
- Science and technology
- Innovation and R&D
- Culture and education
Excellent opportunities await Quebec businesses in such sectors as:
- Defence and security
- Life sciences
- Information technology
Brazil facts and figures:
- 200 million inhabitants
- A dynamic workforce (the rate of unemployment is low and stable at about 6.5%)
- The leading information technology and communications market in Latin America
- A country in which the government is making major investments in infrastructure and transportation: around $70 billion USD over 25 years (roads, highways, airports, public transit, ports, urban mobility)
- An area in which the life sciences sector ranks among the 10 most highly developed in the world
- The world's 5th largest country in land mass
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART?
All companies aiming to develop their business in Brazil or seeking to learn more about this market. This activity will be of particular interest to companies in the following sectors:
- Construction and infrastructure
- Automobiles and trucks
- Green technology
- Information technology and telecommunications
- Petroleum and natural gas
- Mining and metals
- Life sciences
It will also be of interest to investors and financial institutions, international project managers, and companies with experience on the Brazilian market that are seeking to accelerate their development in the country.
Speed up your conquest of the Brazilian market!