The construction and renovation sector in Florida is booming.
Join this seventh edition of the trade mission to Florida from March 21 to 23, 2018—organized by the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal’s international trade experts in collaboration with the Quebec-Florida Chamber of Commerce—and carve out an enviable position in this high-potential industry.
This year, the transportation and logistics sectors are being added to the program to allow you to seize the business opportunities arising from numerous ongoing projects in the region.
Take a look at the concrete results of our last trade mission.
Your participation in the three-day mission includes:
- A preparatory seminar in Montréal
- Specialized one-on-one business meetings with companies based in Florida (minimum of 4 meetings)
- Networking and information activities (cocktail party with partner, networking with local organizations, talks, etc.)
- Visits to 3 cities (Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach) to diversify contacts through the local economic fabric and various actors.
- Guidance throughout your stay.
Why a mission to Florida?
The state of Florida is a veritable growth hub in the United States:
- In 2016, Florida’s GDP continued to grow to 2.4%, climbing to close to $927 billion US and thereby maintaining its position as the 4th highest GDP in the country. The state also ranks as the world’s 17th largest economic power when comparing its GDP to those of countries around the world.
- In the same year, the GDP of the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach region was over $300 billion US.
- Canada and Florida enjoy a special relationship. In 2015, bilateral trade amounted to $8.1 billion US, which represented close to 620,000 jobs in 2014.
Transportation and Logistics:
- In 2015, Florida was identified as the 3rd largest cluster of logistics and distribution establishments in the U.S. and the 5th in terms of employability in the logistics and distribution sector in the U.S.
- Florida is recognized as having one of the most extensive multimodal transportation systems in the world, with (as of 2015):
- 19 commercial airports
- 15 deep-water maritime ports
- High performance road and railway networks.
- Amazon also set its sights on Florida for its new 75,000 m2 logistics centre in 2017, which will create over 1,000 full-time jobs.
Hotel Construction and Renovation:
- There are over 370,000 hotel rooms in the state of Florida. Forecasts say that there will be 7,472 new rooms in 2018.
- In 2016, 97 million tourists visited Florida, which represents an increase of 4%—record growth in the number of tourists for the state!
- In 2015, there were 1.1 million jobs related to the tourism industry.
- Brazilian and European airlines have also decided to increase their number of flights to Florida. It’s a simple formula: the number of tourists increases from year to year!
- Florida is also positioning itself as one of the country’s destinations of choice for conventions and exhibitions. The state is dedicated to building and renovating hotels to stimulate the industry.
Who should take part in this mission?
All companies seeking to develop their business in the United States and seeking to learn more about this market.
- Business leaders
- Business development managers
- Sales directors
- International trade directors
- All others with an interest in developing their products or services in the United States
This mission will be of specific interest to companies and suppliers in the following sectors:
- Construction material for renovations
- Design services
- Renovation services
- Architectural services
- Indoor and outdoor furniture
- Hotel technology
- Transportation and logistics