Why take part in this trade mission?
- To understand the way U.S. Customs work, and to find concrete solutions to the challenges that moving your goods across the border can present.
- To establish valuable contacts with import sector specialists, such as customs brokers, and immigration, law, finance, and marketing experts from the Plattsburgh-North Country Chamber of Commerce
- To meet experts from the U.S. Customs Service and the Food and Drug Administration.
- To stay up to date on the development of security programs in effect at the border (C-TPAT, Nexus, etc.).
- To learn about the requirements for expanding your business into the U.S.
- Tour of the Port of Champlain
- Introduction to legal importers, country of origin markings, what qualifies under NAFTA, and to certificates and rules of origin
- Presentation of the Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) and the Bioterrorism Act
- Introduction to the particularities of marketing, trade fairs, and samples
- Explanation of the types of work visas and labor laws
- Explanation of rules for incorporating your company in the United States
- Overview of tax rates and regulations, required types of insurance, and U.S. financing practices
Who should take part in this trade mission?
- Entrepreneurs and business leaders
- Business Development and Export Directors
- Logistics and expedition specialists
- Importers, transporters, and drivers
In short, anyone who wants to keep up to date on changes taking place at the border, or who is interested in developing a more concrete vision of customs procedures and the export process.