THE ACTIVITY IN BRIEF
On February 27, our guest experts will address several aspects of doing business in Brazil. Come assess the market’s potential for your business.
DETAILED PROGRAM (PDF)
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Find out about business opportunities for your company in Brazil
- Assess your development strategy for the Brazilian market
- Hear entrepreneurs discuss their experience on the market
- Meet potential partners and key players for your projects in Brazil
- Evaluate the market’s potential for your company
- Understand the challenges and issues for Quebec companies
The world’s seventh largest economic power, Brazil has a very dynamic economy and many business opportunities to be seized.
Designated as a priority market in Canada’s global trade strategy, Brazil also offers certain key factors for foreign companies: an abundance of natural resources, favourable demographics, a dynamic industrial sector, and a democratic government. Brazil’s economic activity grew stronger in 2013, with a real GDP growth rate of 2.3%.
Brazil’s economy is stable and its middle and upper classes are growing steadily, which translates to stronger and stronger domestic demand.
Some 500 Canadian companies operating in various sectors are active in Brazil. Quebec is in fact the most active Canadian province on the Brazilian market.
Brazil, facts and figures:
- A young, urban, and increasingly educated population, made up of close to 200 million individuals, which should grow to 250 million by 2050
- Latin America’s leading information technology and communications market
- Major government investments in infrastructure and transportation (70 billion USD over 25 years—roads, highways, airports, public transit, ports, urban mobility)
- A market in which the life sciences sector is among the 10 most highly developed in the world
- A country that needs to meet several challenges in the areas of energy, water treatment, and waste management
- A country that makes up close to 50% of the territory in South America, and is ranked the world’s 5th largest in terms of area
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All companies seeking to develop their business in Brazil or that want to learn more about the market. The activity will be of particular interest to those in the following sectors:
Explore the full potential of this market in which business opportunities abound!
- Engineering companies/firms
- Construction and infrastructure
- Automobiles and heavy goods vehicles
- Green technology
- Information technology and telecommunications
- Petroleum and natural gas
- Mines and metals
- Life sciences
- Investors and financial institutions
- International project advisors
- Businesses with experience on the Brazilian market