Founder and President
Formation en douanes Louise Chevanelle Inc.
The textile industry is highly targeted by US customs, and importers are frequently questioned about the classification of goods, NAFTA eligibility in certain cases, and the marking and labelling of their clothing.
Under the law, as an exporter, you are responsible for any possible errors following customs clearance of your goods—even if you use the services of a broker. Non-compliance of your customs documents may result in significant monetary penalties. You should therefore make sure to be very well informed when it comes to customs compliance.
Who are they for?
MEETING WITH THE US CUSTOMS TEXTILE TEAM
- Port visit in Champlain – Meet with the textile compliance team
- Gain an understanding of the workings of US Customs
- Establish valuable contacts with sectoral import specialists
- Get a better understanding of various types of visas, and your rights and responsibilities as a business visitor
- Question-and-answer period with the people who will be checking the textile products you export
WHO ARE THEY FOR?
- New exporters on the Island of Montreal
- Businesses in the fashion and textile industry
- Corporate leaders
- Export Managers
- New employees in the field
Export your designs… it’s easy when you’re well prepared!
In collaboration with:
In partnership with:
WTC Montréal is a member of: