The seminar on May 31, 2019 will focus on business opportunities offered by ministries and public agencies at the Quebec provincial level. Participants will have the opportunity to take a workshop on best business practices with a view towards winning public tenders, and will hear from and meet with representatives from various organizations.
About national public markets
Each year in Canada, a considerable part of federal, provincial, and municipal budgets is allocated to the purchasing of products and services intended for government operations, to providing services for citizens, to the construction of public buildings and infrastructure, and to the acquisition of new equipment. From the turbine for a hydroelectric dam to the services of a Buddhist chaplain, the range of goods and services required is extremely varied. The total estimated value of this public procurement, at all levels combined, is around $120 billion per year in Canada.
There are several advantages to having government stakeholders among your clientele: beyond the impressive purchase volume, the clients are all solvent, and the various procurement processes remain transparent, ethical, and impartial in dealings with the private sector. Various agencies exist to ensure that these values are respected, and there is recourse for settlement should any company feel wronged. Being approved as a supplier to such clients is also an acknowledgement of the quality of your company’s products and services.
In order to facilitate contacts between businesses and the organizations that can purchase supplies from them, as well as to provide further knowledge of the world of public markets, the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal is organizing three seminars followed by individual meetings.
These seminars will take place on:
A unique opportunity to…
- Explore the great potential for business opportunities offered on Quebec’s provincial public markets
- Personally meet the people in charge of procurement for various public agencies
- Keep up to date on the latest developments in regulations on competition and on transparency regarding calls for tender and public contracts
- Network with other entrepreneurs who, like you, are interested in provincial public markets
Who should attend?
- All companies seeking government clients on the provincial market
- Entrepreneurs, economic development organizations, researchers, and students interested in the issue of procurement by public stakeholders and their tendering process
Join us for this major event that brings together stakeholders from Quebec provincial departments and agencies seeking to meet suppliers.