THE TRADE MISSION AT A GLANCE
The Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal and its team of international trade experts, the World Trade Centre Montréal, in collaboration with the Québec Government Office in New York, are leading a trade mission to New York from March 19 to 21, 2013for small businesses in the fashion industry.
This trade mission is an opportunity for Quebec entrepreneurs to meet key players in the fashion industry in New York and in Quebec-New York trade relations and to attend an information seminar.
WHY NEW YORK?
New York is still one of the international centres for the design, creation and sale of clothing, with a unique concentration of businesses and services dedicated to this industry. Over 900 fashion-based businesses have their head office in the city, including flagships such as Macy’s, Bloomingdale's and Saks Fifth Avenue.
In spite of the economic upheaval of recent years, New York’s retail sales continue to grow at a fast pace. Just one day’s travel for 55% of the American population, the city is also a gateway to the vast retail clothing market in the United States.
Quebec entrepreneurs who want to promote their products and services in New York can also benefit from the presence of the most important global businesses and publications specializing in fashion marketing.
Fashion in New York means:
- 6,300 retail stores and over 5,000 showrooms;
- US$55.6 billion in annual sales related to the fashion industry (2008);
- Over 75 trade fairs and industry weeks per year.
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART
Businesses and entrepreneurs who want to break into the New York fashion market or further develop their business in the city.
WHY TAKE PART IN THIS TRADE MISSION
- To make contact with future partners;
- To better define your business development strategy;
- To network with other businesses that are interested in this market;
- To meet key players in Québec-New York trade relations.
THE TRADE MISSION PROGRAM
- Networking activities
- Market information seminar on fashion in New York
- Individual, personalized business meetings will be organized for each business in addition to general program activities.
- Registration fees include: The organization of individual, personalized meetings targeted to your company;
- Accompaniment during your trip;
- Seminars and other trade mission networking activities;
- The trade mission binder.
HOW TO TAKE PART
- Complete the registration form with your company profile;
- Return the form by email;
- Attend the individual preparatory meeting to determine your needs to establish the personalized program.