Desjardins International Meetings in a nutshell
International trade is one aspect of the economy that has been most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you have any challenges or questions you’d like to discuss? We are offering you an opportunity to get answers via our webinars. Guest experts will discuss their point of view on international trade and provide tips on how to make it through the pandemic and get ready to resume your business.
Topics discussed in this Desjardins International Meetings webinar:
Join us for a free webinar on April 21 at 10:00 a.m. (ET) to learn more about how to work with the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), an independent, U.S. foreign assistance agency whose mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth.
About the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC)
Known for its unique approach, MCC forms partnerships with developing country governments that are committed to good governance, economic freedom and investment in their citizens. MCC provides eligible countries with large-scale, time bound grants to fund country-led solutions for reducing poverty through sustainable economic growth. MCC grants complement other U.S. international development programs. Since 2004, MCC has approved over US $13.1 billion in MCC Compact and Threshold programs in over 40 countries worldwide. There are two primary types of MCC grants:
- Compacts are large, five-year grants for countries that pass MCC’s eligibility criteria per their country scorecard.
- Threshold programs are smaller grants awarded to countries that come close to passing these criteria and are firmly committed to improving their policy performance.
MCC provides millions of dollars in financial assistance to developing countries that meet its eligibility criteria. This results in dozens of projects approved annually and millions in potential business opportunities in emerging markets that are open to all, including Canadian firms.
Learn more about the International Development Market
Aid agencies and the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) market provide billions in financial assistance to over 100 developing countries. This results in hundreds of projects approved annually and over $50 billion in potential business opportunities in emerging markets.
A unique opportunity to:
- Discover how MCC selects partner countries, develops, and implements projects across the world, including sectors of priority;
- Learn basic steps for pursuing and bidding on MCC projects;
- Gain insight on current and upcoming MCC Compacts and Threshold programs;
- Find out how the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) can support your firm to work with the MCC.
Who is this Desjardins International Meetings webinar for?
- Individual consultants and firms interested in bidding on MCC business opportunities.
10:00 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.: Introduction by Dina Mansour, Advisor, International Market Development, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
10:05 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: Presentation by Leah Johnston, Trade Commissioner, Office of Liaison with the International Financial Institutions (OLIFI), Embassy of Canada, Washington.
10:15 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.: Presentation by Julio C. Sarria, Procurement Director of Program Procurement Policy of the Millennium Challenge Corporation
10:40 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Question period and wrap-up