On Wednesday, February 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., join us for a prestigious panel of experts will discuss how to prepare the future economy for sustainability.
The current global situation, paired with climate change, is having an impact on consumer habits, perceptions and expectations. Consumers are increasingly focusing on sustainability in their purchasing decisions and choosing companies that reflect their values. The same is true for employees and business partners.
New trends are emerging at a faster pace than ever before. Technologies and services are transforming and we are witnessing the digitization and decentralization of energy production, distribution and consumption. The transportation industry and the agri-food industry are examples that lay the groundwork for the challenges and opportunities that underlie the current context. Businesses must reduce their environmental impact while harnessing the new growth engines of our economy, helping to create jobs and generate wealth as part of the collective fight against climate change.
The question is no longer an open one. Sustainability is a business imperative and Quebec companies are looking for ways to best position themselves, both to improve their impact here and to export their products and know-how abroad. Meeting this challenge may be the right thing to do, but it is also an economic necessity. It requires a change in mindset and often a pivotal business model, which necessarily creates obstacles along the way.
Join this event to learn more about:
- Key trends
- How ESG priorities are becoming social, business and economic imperatives
- How digital technologies can help address environmental challenges and create business opportunities
- What are the major obstacles to transformation and adaptation to this new reality
- How investment, innovation and public-private collaboration are needed to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable future economy
* Please note this activity will take place on Zoom. After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a login link for the event.