Discover our sector partners
Opening remarks and introduction:
Michel LeblancPresident and CEO
Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
Luc RabouinVille de Montréal's executive committee member, responsible for economic and commercial development, and design.
Jean-Emmanuel ArsenaultGeneral Manager
Edith CyrGeneral Manager
Bâtir son quartier
Benoist De PeyrelongueGeneral Manager and socially engaged entrepreneur
La Cuisine Collective Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (CCHM)
Jean François LalondeGeneral Manager
PME MTL Centre-Est
Marica Vazquez TaglieroCoordinator and Co-founder
Les Valoristes, coopérative de solidarité
On Tuesday, February 23 at noon, take part in a virtual panel on the social economy sector as part of the Relaunch MTL movement.
For Greater Montréal, this major but often overlooked sector of our economy represents more than 67,000 jobs, more than $11.7 billion in revenue and more than 2,780 organizations working in sectors ranging from technology to culture, tourism and housing.**
During this online event, an overview of the sector will be provided by Anyle Côté, Director General of the Conseil d’économie sociale de l’île de Montréal (CESIM), and guest panelists, all key players in this field, will discuss the following topics:
- Issues to which the social economy is responding and the role it plays in the metropolitan economy
- Factors that make the social economy a resilient model, especially in times of crisis
- The sector’s capacity for innovation
- Its participation in the dynamism of different living environments, and its strong link with local communities
12:00 p.m.: Opening remarks by Julie Desjardins, Director, Public Affairs, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
12:05 p.m.: The industry at a glance by Anyle Côté, Director General, Conseil d’économie sociale de l’île de Montréal (CESIM)
12:15 p.m.: Sector leaders’ discussion period
- Jean-Emmanuel Arsenault, General Manager, Axia Services
- Edith Cyr, General Manager, Bâtir son quartier
- Benoist De Peyrelongue, General Manager and socially engaged entrepreneur, La Cuisine Collective Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (CCHM)
- Jean François Lalonde, General Manager, PME MTL Centre-Est
- Marica Vazquez Tagliero, Coordinator and Co-founder, Les Valoristes, coopérative de solidarité
1:10 p.m.: Summary and closing remarks by Julie Desjardins
1:15 p.m.: End of the event
* Please note this activity will take place on Zoom. After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a login link for the event.
** Source: L’économie sociale au Québec – Portrait statistique (2016), Institut de la statistique du Québec.