International Meetings in a nutshell
International trade is one aspect of the economy that has been most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you have any challenges or questions you’d like to discuss? We are offering you an opportunity to get answers via our webinars. Guest experts will discuss their point of view on international trade and provide tips on how to make it through the pandemic and get ready to resume your business.
Topics discussed in this International Meetings webinar
Join us on February 16 at 10 a.m. (ET) for a free webinar and learn more about how to work with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries.
About the International Finance Corporation (IFC)
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries.
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, advances economic development and improves the lives of people by encouraging the growth of the private sector in developing countries.
IFC achieves this by creating new markets, mobilizing other investors, and sharing expertise. In doing so, they create jobs and raise living standards, especially for the poor and vulnerable.
Their work supports the World Bank Group’s twin goals of ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity.
Learn more about the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) market
The International Financial Institutions (IFIs) market provides billions in financial assistance to over 100 developing countries. This results in hundreds of projects approved annually and billions in potential business opportunities in emerging markets. Through the IFC, you can participate as a project developer, sponsor, or investor in the growth of the private sector in these developing and emerging markets.
A unique opportunity to:
- Understand how the private sector has the potential to transform developing countries;
- Understand what is SOGI (sexual orientation and gender identity) and disability lens investing;
- Understand why SOGI and disability investing is important in an emerging markets context;
- Learn how to integrate SOGI and disability considerations in projects;
- Learn how to engage with the largest global development institution focused on the private sector;
- Learn how the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service can help you build your network with IFC and other development finance institutions.
Who is this International Meetings webinar for?
- Project developers interested in working in emerging markets;
- Potential investment partners to IFC and other development finance institutions;
- Civil society groups that focus on disability and/or LGBTQ+ issues.
10:00 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.: Introduction by Alexia Barbier, Advisor, International Market Development, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
10:05 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: Introduction by Faheem Noor Ali, Climate Finance Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada in Washington
10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.: Presentation by Kelly Widelska, Economic Inclusion Advisor for the Gender and Economic Inclusion Group, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
10:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Question period and wrap-up