Desjardins International Meetings in a nutshell
International trade is one aspect of the economy that has been most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you have any challenges or questions you’d like to discuss? We are offering you an opportunity to get answers via our webinars. Guest experts will discuss their point of view on international trade and provide tips on how to make it through the pandemic and get ready to resume your business.
Topics discussed in this Desjardins International Meetings webinar:
Join us for a free webinar on June 23 at 10:00 a.m. (ET) to learn more about the World Bank’s energy portfolio in West Africa, and its related business opportunities. You will also learn about key trends and priorities in the region, and hear about upcoming and current projects.
About the World Bank
For over 70 years, the World Bank Group has been the world’s largest international financial institution, or IFI. Its five organizations work to help developing member countries achieve the twin goals of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity. The Bank Group partners with governments, the private sector, regional development banks, civil society organizations, and other international stakeholders to advance these goals. A global leader, the World Bank has funded thousands of projects in over 140 developing countries, through a diverse and expanding menu of financial instruments and technical assistance that include low-interest loans, credits, and grants to governments as well as investment and advisory services.
- The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD);
- The International Development Association (IDA);
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC);
- The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA);
- The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
Learn more about the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) market
The international financial institutions (IFIs) market provides billions in financial assistance to over 100 developing countries. This results in hundreds of projects approved annually and over $50 billions in potential business opportunities in emerging markets.
A unique opportunity to:
- Learn about the World Bank’s energy portfolio in the West Africa region;
- Gain a better understanding of key trends and priorities in the region;
- Acquire insight on upcoming and current World Bank energy projects in the region;
- Find out how the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) can support your firm to work with the World Bank Group.
Who is this Desjardins International Meetings webinar for?
- All companies who are interested in working on energy projects funded by the World Bank Group in West Africa.
10:00 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.: Introduction by Dina Mansour, Advisor, International Market Development, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
10:05 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.: Introduction to TCS and OLIFI services by Julie Mann, Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada in Washington, D.C.
10:10 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: Introductions and insights from Laura Dorling van der Oord, Senior Advisor, Office of the Executive Director for Canada, Ireland and the Caribbean, World Bank Group
10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.: Presentation by Charles J. Cormier, Practice Manager – Energy & Extractives, West Africa Region, The World Bank Group
10:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Question period and wrap-up