Desjardins International Meetings in a nutshell
International trade is one aspect of the economy that has been most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you have any challenges or questions you’d like to discuss? We are offering you an opportunity to get answers via our webinars.
Guest experts will discuss their point of view on international trade and provide tips on how to make it through the pandemic and get ready to resume your business.
Topics discussed in this Desjardins International Meetings webinar:
Join us on December 16 for a free one-hour webinar on the economic record for 2020 and the global outlook for 2021.
You’ll have a global picture of the current situation in order to clearly see the influence of the economic environment on your business.
This webinar is a unique opportunity to:
- Better understand the effects of the pandemic on the global economy in 2020 and how it differs from a normal recession:
- Economic factors to look at
- Sectors that benefit and those most affected
- Government and central bank strategies to protect household income and financial markets
- The fall in world trade and its recovery
- Anticipating the recovery and knowing what to expect in 2021:
- Changing consumer behaviour
- Reorganization of value chains
- Opportunities to be seized
Who is this webinar for?
- Businesses and entrepreneurs on the lookout for new business opportunities
- International advisory and economic development organizations
- All organizations for which innovation is central to their mission
10:00 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.: Opening remarks by Dina Mansour, Advisor, International Market Development, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
10:05 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.: Presentation by Mathieu D’Anjou, CFA, Director and Deputy Chief Economist, Economic Studies, Desjardins Group
10:40 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Question period and wrap-up