International Meetings in a nutshell
International trade is one aspect of the economy that has been most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you have any challenges or questions you’d like to discuss? We are offering you an opportunity to get answers via our webinars. Guest experts will discuss their point of view on international trade and provide tips on how to make it through the pandemic and get ready to resume your business.
Topics discussed in this International Meetings webinar:
Join us on November 17 at 9 a.m. (ET) for a free webinar and learn more about the business challenges and opportunities in the maritime transport sector. Our guest experts will highlight the strategies that importers and exporters can implement to mitigate the effects of the container crisis and discuss how the logistics sector can benefit from the increasing demand for e-commerce.
The pandemic has disrupted our consumer habits with a lightning-speed increase in electronic commerce, bringing along with it the complications being faced by supply chains within the context of the container crisis. This webinar will allow you to learn about the scarcity of containers, the options for optimizing e-commerce logistics and the opportunities for third-party logistics.
A unique opportunity to:
- Identify issues and opportunities in the maritime transport sector;
- Understand the current geographic context in Montréal and internationally;
- Benefit from the advice and experience of experts in order to understand the context and unprecedented crisis we are facing;
- Understand the lightning-speed increase in e-commerce;
- Anticipate and understand the current state of the container crisis.
Who is this International Meetings webinar for?
- For Québec companies with internationalization potential;
- For entrepreneurs on the lookout for new business opportunities;
- For importers and exporters;
- For retail businesses, supply chains and all other businesses facing difficulties with the current crisis.
9:00 a.m. – 9:05 a.m.: Introduction by Alexia Barbier, Advisor, International Market Development, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
9:05 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.: Presentation by Christian Kamudimba, Foreign Trade Zone Center Coordinator of CargoM
9:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.: Presentation and assessment of the current situation in the context of the container crisis
9:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: Question period and wrap-up