The Business in Tandem initiative at a glance
The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal is partnering with the Ville de Montréal to present "Business in Tandem," an initiative aimed at promoting inter-city trade through online conferences and B2B meetings with experts and companies operating in targeted markets.
Why participate in the Toronto-Montréal Business in Tandem initiative?
Join us on April 22 for a 90-minute virtual event featuring FinTech experts from Toronto and Montréal. The webinar will include expert presentations and showcase business opportunities in the FinTech sector in both cities allowing a unique opportunity for companies to expand their footprint in a new market. They will also emphasize the importance of forming strategic alliances, given the current context.
9:00 am – Welcome remarks by representatives from the cities of Montréal and Toronto (10 min)
9:10 am – Business opportunities in Montréal (15 min)
- Jacques Deforges
Chief Executive Officer
- Mathieu P. Lambert
Director, FinTech Development
9:25 am – Business opportunities in Toronto (15 min)
- Jennifer Reynolds, MBA, ICD.D
President & CEO
Toronto Finance International
9:40 am – Q&A (5min)
9:45 am – Legal considerations in provincial investment (15 min)
- Pat Forgione
Partner, Financial Services
10:00 am – Legal considerations in provincial investment (15min)
- Oumar Diallo
Director, Fintech and Innovation
Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF)
10:15 am – Q&A (5 min)
10:20 am – Testimonial from a Montréal Fintech company (10 min)
- Raphael Bouskila
Mako Financial Technologies
10:30 am – Testimonial from a Toronto Fintech company (10 min)
- Nadir Ibrahim
10:40 am – Closing Remarks
10:45 am – 30 minutes of networking in small groups
11:15 am – End of networking session
Montréal – a FinTech ecosystem favourable to business development:
- An extensive network of venture capital investors,
- A rating agency and regulators,
- A strong presence of technology accelerators and incubators to support FinTech,
- 7 research chairs in FinTech and finance.
- 150 financial institution subsidiaries, in addition to the head offices of three banks and the largest credit union in Canada.
Toronto – A global FinTech centre:
- One of the highest growth rates in the world for FinTech equity financing, with a CAGR of 118% from 2010 to 2018
- Toronto's financial centre is home to nearly 17,000 technology companies, from start-ups to global technology leaders
- Toronto boasts more than 190 FinTechs
- Has strong partnerships that support FinTech: financial institutions, incubators, accelerators, etc.
To maximize opportunities, we will hold virtual B2B business meetings with potential clients and partners from the guest city on another day. Space will be limited to 10 companies (two meetings per SME).
You must first register online, enter your personal information and complete the payment.
You will be contacted by Mr. Nicolas Garo (firstname.lastname@example.org) with more information on the two B2B meetings.
Your registration will then need to be approved by our team to ensure your profile meets the needs of the guest city's companies.*
*In the event that the two B2B meetings cannot take place, we will issue a refund.
Once both B2B meetings have been approved, you will receive official confirmation of the date and time of your assigned meeting**.
- Please note that the B2B meetings will take place after the April 22, 2021 event.
- This service is intended for individual meetings with companies.
This initiative is an opportunity to:
- Understand the business environment in Toronto and Montréal;
- Discover short- and medium-term business opportunities in the FinTech sector in these two cities;
- Understand how to emerge from the crisis through cooperation and partnerships, and the importance of forming strategic alliances to pursue business internationally.
- Benefit from the advice of experts and companies active in Toronto and Montréal.
Who is this event for?
- Montréal and Toronto FinTech companies;
- Representatives of the financial sector in Québec and Toronto;
- Financial institutions;
- Insurance companies
After registering, you will receive two confirmation emails. The second will be sent a few days before the virtual activity. It will include the Zoom link for joining the webinar on the day of the activity.