The Business in Tandem initiative at a glance
The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal is partnering with the Ville de Montréal to present "Business in Tandem," an initiative aimed at promoting inter-city trade through online conferences and B2B meetings with experts and companies operating in targeted markets.
Why participate in the San Antonio-Montréal Business in Tandem initiative?
Join us on May 4 for a 90-minute virtual event featuring cybersecurity experts from San Antonio and Montréal. During this webinar, these experts will present business opportunities in the cybersecurity sector in their respective cities. They will also focus on the importance of forming strategic alliances, given the current context.
Event length: 90 minutes-program followed by 30 minutes optional networking
Zoom Platform to be provided by the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
9:00 am – Opening and welcome remarks by representatives from the cities of Montréal and San Antonio (11 minutes)
- Nicolas Duguay, Director Markets Development – In-Sec-M (animator)
- Véronique Doucet, Director, Economic Development Department, Ville de Montréal
- Alejandra (Alex) Lopez, Assistant City Manager & Director of Economic Development, City of San Antonio
- Sarah Sanchez, Vice President of Global Business Development, San Antonio Economic Development Foundation
- Valérie Poulin, Director, Economic Intelligence and International Outreach, EDD, Ville de Montréal
9:11 am - Overview of the Cybersecurity industry in Montreal (8 minutes)
- Antoine Normand, President, In-Sec-M
9:19 am – Panel of Montréal cybersecurity companies doing business in San Antonio (15 minutes)
- Patrick Patterson, President and Chief PKI Architect, Carillon Information Security Inc.
- Patrick Naoum, Executive Vice-President & Partner, ESI Information Technologies Inc.
- Pete Karagiannis, VP Sales, Qohash
9:34 am – Overview of the cybersecurity industry in San Antonio (15 minutes)
- Jeff Fair, Vice President of Cybersecurity and Economic Development, San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
9:42 am – Testimonial from a San Antonio cybersecurity company doing business in Montréal
- Rich Valdez, Chief Technology Officer, IP Secure
9:57 am – Overview of research & higher education in San Antonio (10 minutes)
- Brig. Gen. Guy Walsh, USAF, Ret. & Director of National Security Collaboration Center, University of Texas at San Antonio
10:07 am – Overview of research & higher education in Montréal (10 minutes)
- Marcel Labelle, President & General Manager, Cybereco
10:17 am – Q&A Period and closing remarks
10:30 am – Networking session (optional)
11:00 am – End of networking session and the event
To maximize opportunities, we will hold virtual B2B business meetings with potential clients and partners from the guest city on another day. Space will be limited to 10 companies (two meetings per SME).
You must first register online, enter your personal information and complete the payment.
You will be contacted by Ms. Alexia Barbier (firstname.lastname@example.org) with more information on the two B2B meetings.
Your registration will then need to be approved by our team to ensure your profile meets the needs of the guest city's companies.*
*In the event that the two B2B meetings cannot take place, we will issue a refund.
Once both B2B meetings have been approved, you will receive official confirmation of the date and time of your assigned meeting**.
- Note that B2B meetings will take place outside of the May 4, 2021 event.
- This service is intended for individual meetings with companies.
This initiative is an opportunity to:
- Understand the business environment in San Antonio and Montréal;
- Discover short- and medium-term business opportunities in the cybersecurity sector in these two cities;
- Understand how to emerge from the crisis through cooperation and partnerships, and the importance of forming strategic alliances to pursue your business internationally;
- Benefit from the advice of experts and companies active in San Antonio and Montréal.
Who is this event for?
- Montréal and Québec companies exporting in the field of cybersecurity
- San Antonio and Texas companies exporting in the field of cybersecurity
After registering, you will receive two confirmation emails. The second will be sent a few days before the virtual activity. It will include the Zoom link for joining the webinar on the day of the activity.