Desjardins International Meetings in a nutshell
International trade is one aspect of the economy that has been most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Do you have any challenges or questions you’d like to discuss? We are offering you an opportunity to get answers via our webinars.
Guest experts will discuss their point of view on international trade and provide tips on how to make it through the pandemic and get ready to resume your business.
Topics discussed in this Desjardins International Meetings webinar:
Join us for a free webinar on November 18 at 10 a.m. to learn more about economic prospects for developing Asia and the Pacific, and business opportunities for Canadians at the Asian Development Bank. This development bank is a leading international financial institutions working in the world's most populous and dynamic region.
Learn more about the International Financial Institutions (IFI) market
The international financial institutions (IFIs) market provides billions in financial assistance to over 100 developing countries. This results in hundreds of projects approved annually and over $50 billion in potential business opportunities in emerging markets.
A unique opportunity to learn more about the:
- Learn how developing economies in Asia and the Pacific have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and their prospects for 2021
- Gain insight into commercial opportunities for Canadian businesses at the Asian Development Bank (ADB), which finances projects across developing Asia & the Pacific
- Develop an understanding of how ADB develops, finances, implements and monitors projects, and in what sectors and countries
- Learn the steps for bidding on ADB-financed consulting and procurement contracts
- Receive tips to increase your competitive chances of winning a contract with ADB
- Learn how the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) can support your firm to work with the ADB
Who is this Desjardins International Meetings webinar for?
Individual consultants and firms interested in bidding on ADB consulting and procurement opportunities.
10:00 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.: Introduction by Dina Mansour, Advisor, International Market Development, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
10:05 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: Presentation by Leah Johnston, Trade Commissioner, Office of Liaison with the International Financial Institutions (OLIFI), Embassy of Canada, Washington, D.C.
10:15 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.: Presentation by Bart W. Édes, North American Representative Office, Asian Development Bank, Washington, D.C.
10:40 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.: Question period and wrap-up