The trade mission to Dubai at a glance
From November 13 to 17, join us on an immersive trade mission into the aerospace and aeronautics sector at the 2023 Dubai Airshow. Organized by Aéro Montréal, Quebec's aerospace cluster, this mission is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal.
Accompanied by our team of experts, explore a world of opportunities. Networking, conferences, B2B meetings and technological discoveries await you in the heart of this great Middle Eastern metropolis.
With over 100,000 professionals, $74 billion in orders, and a global presence, this mission will be an unparalleled opportunity for Quebec companies in the sector.
CONSULT OUR PROGRAM
About the Dubai Airshow
Dubai's aeronautical trade show, a world-renowned biennial event commonly called the Dubai Airshow, was first held in 1986. This flagship event draws players in the aerospace industry from all over the world to present their innovations and solutions to the challenges of aerospace and aeronautics.
The Dubai Airshow offers companies in the sector a unique opportunity to showcase their expertise, develop their network, and explore the latest industry trends and technologies. The event is also an ideal place to establish strategic partnerships and access new business opportunities.
At the Dubai Airshow, you will have the opportunity to attend stimulating presentations spread over three parallel platforms. These informative sessions will cover a variety of key topics in the aerospace and aviation industry, including:
- Air traffic management
- Cyber security
- Artificial intelligence
- Passenger experience
- Futuristic travel
- Aerospace 2050
Objectives of the mission:
- Exploring opportunities: Identify new business opportunities in the aerospace industry.
- Strategic networking: Establish key relationships with industry professionals and decision-makers.
- Access to innovation: Discover the latest technological advances and industry trends.
- International expansion: Expand your company's presence in global markets.
- Promoting expertise: Showcase your company's expertise on an international scale.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Dubai in particular, are leading business destinations in the Middle East, benefiting from a number of advantages:
- Key trading partner: The UAE is Canada's second-largest trading partner in the region.
- Dynamic bilateral trade: In 2021, commodity trading between Canada and the UAE reached CAD 2.5 billion.
- Strategic positioning: Dubai's strategic location makes it a hub for global business in the Middle East.
- Quality infrastructure:: The UAE boasts a world-class infrastructure, facilitating business operations.
- Economic appeal: Dubai is a leading economic centre, ranked among the world's top ten.
- Economic diversification: Dubai stands out for its rapid growth in sectors such as financial technology (Fintech), large-scale real estate projects, significant foreign direct investment, growth in the electronics sector, advanced manufacturing, and leading petrochemical and chemical industries.
- Industrial expansion: The UAE is also experiencing strong expansion in the heavy industry sector.
This combination of advantages makes the UAE a propitious business environment, with Dubai as a dynamic centre for global business and an attractive destination for international investment.
Discover the Middle East, a fast-growing aerospace hub
The aeronautical sector is experiencing spectacular growth in the Middle East, already accounting for 13.3% of GDP in 2021, and this figure could rise to 45% by 2030! This contributes to the Middle East's position as the world's 2nd largest aircraft fleet, with plans to acquire over 2,000 new aircraft by 2030. The United Arab Emirates, in particular, is home to the largest fleet of civil aircraft in service within the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), representing over 25% of the regional Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) market, valued at more than $11 billion.
In addition, the authorities plan to invest more than $136 billion by 2030 in the regional distribution and re-export of aeronautical parts. Saudi Arabia, a key player, is also set to play a major role, with a market estimated at $74.6 billion by 2030.
The government of the United Arab Emirates is investing heavily in the aeronautics, defence and space sector, notably through companies such as Emirates Airlines, Etihad Airways and the investment company Mubadala Development.
Other major players in the region's aerospace and space sector include:
- Emirates Airlines and Etihad Airways: Two of the UAE's leading airlines, playing a crucial role in commercial aviation.
- Mubadala Development Company: A key investment company supporting the region's economic and technological development.
- Yahsat: A leading satellite communications company, actively contributing to the space and telecommunications sectors.
- Strata Manufacturing: A key player in the manufacture of aerospace components.
- EDGE Group: A group of companies specializing in defence, security and aerospace
Let's not forget that this list is not exhaustive, and other key companies are also helping to shape the aerospace and space sector in the Middle East.
Participation in this mission includes:
Preparatory seminar in Montréal before departure
Access to the Dubai Airshow 2023 and various talks
Potential industrial visits
Networking opportunities and personalized B2B meetings
Support from the Acclr team of experts throughout your stay
Financial support for participating companies
Don't miss this opportunity! The Aerospace Industries Association of Canada (AIAC) would like to facilitate your presence at the Dubai Airshow 2023.
Two unique offers available, allocated on a first-come, first-served basis!
50% refund on your expenses:
- Airfare up to $750
- Per diem (hotel, Airbnb, etc.) up to $1,000
- Taxi, car or bus up to $325
- Registration fees up to $250
Reimbursements are limited to 50% of the costs incurred, up to a maximum of 50% of the total amount.
For more information, contact Rafael Gimenez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't miss this opportunity to maximize your return on investment!
Who is this trade mission for?
This mission is aimed at companies wishing to develop their activities in the Middle East and further explore this dynamic market. It is aimed in particular at companies operating in the following sectors:
- Commercial transport
- Freight transport
- Advanced air mobility
In addition, this mission is designed for professionals such as corporate executives, business development managers, sales directors, international trade managers, and any other profile with an interest in developing their products or services in the UAE and Middle Eastern markets.