Plan your digital transformation and seize all the opportunities that the 4.0 revolution will bring to your business during the second Strategic Forum on the Innovative Manufacturer.
Come discover how our manufacturing businesses can successfully make the change to 4.0 and become world leaders!
Participate in the Strategic Forum and:
- Get inspired by businesses that made the change successfully
- Find solutions to obstacles preventing manufacturing businesses from acting
- Explore innovations and best practices from around the world
- Access the exhibition hall to discover innovative projects and business opportunities
- Participate in a business luncheon after the Forum with a prominent guest
- Network and find business opportunities
Three activities in one day!
Overview of the program
7 a.m.: Registration, breakfast and networking
Ask your questions to the speakers
8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Strategic forum
7 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Presentations and expo
12:15 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Business luncheon
Welcome message and introduction
Part I – Quebec shifts to 4.0: concrete benefits for the manufacturing industry
Reflection on the Quebec manufacturing industry’s momentum: rapid progression supported by the digital
How sustained investment in innovation accelerates the growth of our manufacturing SMEs: three cases of success
Véronique RoyDirector of Operations
The face of Quebec manufacturing is changing thanks to energetic newcomers
Part II – The technologies and strategies that promote our innovative manufacturers
Flash presentation from SEM and experts: Cutting-edge technologies which support the 4.0 manufacturer
Investing in new technology: synonymous with new opportunities
Innovation in manufacturing: a complex history of automation
When machines work as a team
The smart factory: traceability through the internet of things
Monetize your equipment data with IoT analytics
The key to APN's success: adopting a forward-looking approach to innovation
Part III – Accelerating the innovative manufacturer’s momentum in Quebec
The new factory: how digital fabrication is transforming the industry
How can we solve the labour shortage in Quebec?
Pierre Fortin Emeritus Professor, Department of Economics
Claude ProvostSenior Vice President, Shared Services and Organizational Development
Annie PellerinVice president, Human Resources and Communications
Nathalie ValléeDirector General
Propelling our innovative manufacturers onto the global market
Welcome to the age of the industrial internet
Participation in the Forum includes access to the expo and a business luncheon. Attend an unprecedented, high-level conversation with the Premier Philippe Couillard and Marco Annunziata, Head of Business Innovation Strategy and former Chief Economist at General Electric Co.
Who should participate in the Strategic Forum on the Innovative Manufacturer?
- Manufacturing business leaders who want to be equipped for the 4.0 revolution
- Managers looking for new business models
- Suppliers and developers of solutions for manufacturing businesses
- Those in charge of technological advances and innovation
- Training centres and learning establishments supporting manufacturing workers
- Investment funds
- The city’s business community
- And anyone else interested in the subject
Quebec’s manufacturing industry in numbers: :
- $69.3 billion in direct and indirect profits
- 90% of Quebec exports
- 765,000 jobs, including 470,000 direct jobs
- 22.1% more than the service sector’s average salary
- 14.1% of Quebec’s economy
- 30% of foreign direct investments in Canada
- 55% of R&D expenditures
 Source : The Future of Quebec’s Manufacturing Industry, Deloitte, 2015 Edition, the ISQ and Statistics Canada.