Join us on Wednesday, April 13 at 11:30 a.m. for the conference by Catherine Tait, President and CEO of CBC/Radio-Canada and Chair of the Global Task Force on Public Media.
Ms. Tait will discuss the impact of polarization on our democratic societies and the companies that drive our economies — particularly those making up our national media ecosystems.
She will outline the public broadcaster’s strategies to address this phenomenon, including:
- Partnering with Canadian media and foreign public broadcasters;
- Fostering greater collaboration to support journalists’ safety;
- Accelerating the shift to digital;
- Stepping up efforts to reflect contemporary Canada;
- Supporting the country’s local news media and creative industry.