You can now watch our third virtual talk, during which Michel Leblanc, President and CEO of the Chamber, and Jean Boulet, Minister of Labour, Employment and Social Solidarity, discussed various topics related to the current economic situation.
They focused on the following topics:
- The government’s reaction to the COVID-19 crisis, the economic, public health and social measures put in place, and the maintenance of essential economic services;
- The assistance programs launched by the government, such as the Concerted action to maintain employment program (PACME–COVID-19), a $100 million program for training workers;
- The importance of business-owners using the crisis to train their workforce, establish new business development strategies and increase their competitiveness, particularly by converting to e-commerce;
- The impact the COVID-19 crisis is having on the economy and on companies, particularly workers and employers in essential services, and the infection risks they face every day;
- The strategy for relaunching the economy, including the crisis recovery squad Premier François Legault formed with Christian Dubé, Chair of the Conseil du trésor; Pierre Fitzgibbon, Minister of Economy and Innovation; Eric Girard, Minister of Finance; and Jean Boulet, Minister of Labour, Employment and Social Solidarity;
- The reopening of non-essential services and activities planned for May 4.