The fog of the health, economic and social crisis is lifting with the arrival of the vaccine. The pandemic has had the merit of forcing us to mobilize all our energy to make our business models more robust, inclusive and sustainable.
This economic transition, which breaks the social bond, is also in our living rooms. With the upheaval of the cultural and events industry, we must now resort to screens or flip through the pages of a good book to stimulate our imaginations, drink in culture, keep fit and stay in touch with the world. Trapped in the blue light of our screens, we have radically changed the way we entertain ourselves by devouring tons of digital content. The competitive market for pay-per-view services on digital and television platforms is breaking audience records. Drowning in a sea of content, we aspire to consume quality and exclusive programs that have become identifiable, original and ambitious brands.
In summary, refusing to put the holiday season under wraps is a recipe for building a promising future. It’s time, even in virtual mode, to celebrate with your loved ones and get back to basics to keep the magic of the holidays alive.
Recharging your batteries is also key to your business in order to create high added value, deploy your innovative strengths and play a strategic role in your economic recovery in 2021.
Like an antidote to invigorate your mental health, the employees of the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal (CCMM) have also reinvented themselves to present their 2020 list of 39 favourite books, series and documentaries to put under the tree or to savour.
Memorable meetings for sharing and discovery!
For reading enthusiasts
- Liberté 45 by Pierre-Yves McSween
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life by Nir Eyal
- On est foutu, on pense trop! Comment se libérer de Pensouillard le hamster by Serge Marquis
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t by Simon Sinek
- Becoming by Michelle Obama (also on Netflix)
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose (Oprah’s Book Club) by Eckhart Tolle
- Kilomètre zéro : le chemin du bonheur by Maud Ankaoua
Various digital platforms for learning
- L’histoire nous le dira, the YouTube channel of Laurent Turcot, history professor at the Université du Québec in Trois-Rivières
- The MasterClass.com training platform
A flurry of series and documentaries to take a new step or to escape
- Brené Brown: The Call to Courage
- Abstract: The Art of Design
- Inside Bill’s Brain: Decoding Bill Gates
- The Goop Lab with Gwyneth Paltrow
- 100 Humans: Life’s Questions. Answered.
- Brave Blue World: Racing to Solve Our Water Crisis
- Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things
- What the Health
- Tony Robbins: I Am Not Your Guru
- Moving Art by Louie Schwartzberg
- Street Food: Asia
- Chasing Coral, a Netflix Original documentary
- Our Planet – Behind The Scenes
- Street Food: Latin America
- Connected: The Hidden Science of Everything
- Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret
- The Mind, Explained
- Night on Earth: Shot in the Dark
- A Plastic Ocean
- 100 Days of Solitude
- Okja (it’s a movie, not a documentary)
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo
- History 101
- National Parks Adventure
- The Mind, Explained
- Taco Chronicles
Happy holidays to you and your loved ones and happy New Year 2021 filled with health, solidarity and ingenuity to successfully meet your future challenges!
About the author
Acclr Business Services
Acclr Business Services in business development, international trade, business intelligence and financing are offered by the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal (CCMM). With the support of the Acclr experts, the CCMM’s goal is to accelerate the creation and growth of businesses of all sizes, at home and around the world. A resource centre, training, events and exclusive editorial content are designed to help Québec’s large businesses, SMEs and entrepreneurs make informed business decisions and achieve prosperity.