The Programme d’aide aux petites entreprises touristiques urbaines du Québec (assistance program for small urban tourism businesses in Quebec) provides funding to tourism businesses to carry out small investment projects. This program is offered as part of the Tourism Relief Fund established by the Government of Canada.
The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal is one of the entities responsible for managing applications in the Montréal area. Eligible businesses may receive up to $45,000 in funding by March 31, 2023.
Objectives of the assistance program
The purpose of the program is to provide financial support to eligible businesses to carry out small investment projects that will enable them to:
- Develop products and services to meet the needs of their clients
- Maintain and create jobs
Businesses and organizations that are eligible for funding
- Small businesses (individuals, companies, cooperatives, NPOs, social economy enterprises)
- Sales of less than $1.5M (exceptionally up to $2M depending on the economic impact)
- Fewer than 200 employees
- An entity in the tourism ecosystem that aims to attract or welcome visitors (see NAICS code*):
- Tourism – 71 – Arts, entertainment and recreation
- Tourism – 487 – Scenic and sightseeing transportation
- Tourism – 721 – Accommodation services
- Tourism – 722 – Food services and drinking places
- Tourism – 5615 – Travel arrangement and reservation services (e.g. tourist and travel agencies, reservation offices
Submit an application
Please fill out the form below, and we will contact you as soon as possible to complete your application.