To support its reflections on the city’s major development issues, the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal has strategic analysis committees. These committees are made up of Chamber members from the city’s different sectors of activity.
Through their deliberations and discussions, the committees contribute to the Chamber’s position statements and improve strategic knowledge on issues among team members who do the research and analysis for the Chamber’s position statements.
The strategic analysis committees’ main functions are to:
- Contribute to the Chamber’s reflections through its members’ wide-ranging and impressive expertise.
- Provide a dedicated forum for formal and informal information sharing.
- Offer members the means to express to the Chamber and its permanent team the business community’s concerns about the city’s development and discuss issues that affect it.
List of active committees
- Metropolitan and urban affairs
- Economy and public finances
- Innovation and disruptive technology
Composition of committees
The committees are made up of 12 to 15 members including:
- A committee chair (mandate: 2 years, renewable)
- Members representative of the Chamber membership (mandate: 1 year, renewable)
- Chamber employees whose responsibilities relate to the themes addressed by the committee
- Specialist members, appointed for their expertise, singular knowledge and important contribution to thinking on strategic issues (mandate: indeterminate)
Do you want to sit on a Chamber committee?
Those interested should email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a short introductory message explaining the candidate’s motivation for joining a committee and the contribution he or she can make. Applications must be accompanied by a C.V.
When forming committees and selecting members, the Chamber takes into account the following criteria:
- The representation of the city’s economic sectors
- The expertise of members
- The diversity (gender, age, cultural background, etc.)
- Alignment with the Chamber’s major strategic priorities
- Regular attendance (for active members who want to renew their mandate)
- CCMM membership (mandatory)
- Committees are formed during the summer. Applications received during the winter will be kept and evaluated the summer following their submission.
- Strategic committees meet three or four times a year, in the morning from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Candidates must be available to regularly attend meetings.
- The invitation to sit on a committee is for individuals and not organizations. Committee members may not transfer their seat to a colleague in the same organization.
Submit your application »