Marketing is more than just an advertising campaign; it should result in revenue for your business. Understanding the different ways to promote your product or service can help you make the right choice for your business.
PRINT AND GRAPHIC ARTS MEDIA
Depending on the type of message you want to communicate to your customers, print media offers different options, including: brochures, business cards, newspaper ads and magazines.
- Brochures, posters and packaging are a cost effective way to provide a variety of messages and detailed information about your products and services.
- Business cardscan be used to support your networking activities and give potential customers the information they need to contact you.
- Local newspaper advertisingisa way to reach people in your community and repeatedly exposes them to your message in order to create a stronger local presence for your business.
- Magazineshave the advantage of targeting a more specific audience of subscribers who are interested in the topics it covers.
Electronic media is a general term for any media that requires an electronic device for the content to be accessed. Some of the most common forms of electronic media include television, radio, internet and content for mobile devices.
- Television content captures more audience time than any other media and is targeted at home audiences.
- Radio is cost effective, and the audience is usually loyal to a station's program format.
- The internetoffers you a variety of different ways to market your product or service on a website or by email.
- Cellphones and smartphonesallow for marketing tactics that let you reach customers directly on their mobile devices.
- Social mediamarketing encourages online interaction between your customers and your business using various social networking sites.
ADDITIONAL PROMOTIONAL IDEAS
Promotional gifts, like pens, key rings and calendars, can be given to individuals and groups that you know personally to help create a positive opinion of your company and improve its reputation.
Networking and community involvement can also support the promotion of your business. You can make new contacts and reach out to potential customers by participating in trade shows, conferences, community activities and other networking events. Speaking to people about your business can be one of the most effective ways of promoting your product or service.
Planning your marketing strategy will help you determine the best way to promote your product or service, allow you to measure your success against set goals and provide you with a clearer idea of where your strategy may need adjustments.
(Source: Canada Business Ontario)