Plan your digital transformation and seize all the opportunities that the 4.0 revolution will bring to your business during the second Strategic Forum on the Innovative Manufacturer.
Come discover how our manufacturing businesses can successfully make the change to 4.0 and become world leaders!
Participate in the Strategic Forum and:
- Get inspired by businesses that made the change successfully
- Find solutions to obstacles preventing manufacturing businesses from acting
- Explore innovations and best practices from around the world
- Access the exhibition hall to discover innovative projects and business opportunities
- Participate in a business luncheon after the Forum with a prominent guest
- Network and find business opportunities
Three activities in one day!
Buy your tickets
Overview of the program
7:30 a.m.: Registration, breakfast and networking
8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Strategic forum
8 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.: Presentations and expo
12:15 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Business luncheon
Welcome message and introduction
Part I – Quebec shifts to 4.0: concrete benefits for the manufacturing industry
Reflection on the Quebec manufacturing industry’s momentum: rapid progression supported by the digital
How sustained investment in innovation accelerates the growth of our manufacturing SMEs: three cases of success
Véronique RoyDirector of Operations
The face of Quebec manufacturing is changing thanks to energetic newcomers
Part II – The technologies and strategies that promote our innovative manufacturers
Quick presentations by local SMEs that have incorporated cutting-edge technology that supports 4.0 manufacturing.
Topics discussed: smart plant, internet of things, big data, cloud computing, industrial robot, augmented reality, simulation tools and cyber security.
Part III – Accelerating the innovative manufacturer’s momentum in Quebec
How can we solve the labour shortage in Quebec?
Pierre Fortin Emeritus Professor, Department of Economics
Claude ProvostSenior Vice President, Shared Services and Organizational Development
Annie PellerinVice president, Human Resources and Communications
Welcome to the age of the industrial internet
Participation in the Forum includes access to the expo and a business luncheon with a prominent guest. More details to come.
Who should participate in the Strategic Forum on innovative manufacturing?
- Manufacturing business leaders who want to be equipped for the 4.0 revolution
- Managers looking for new business models
- Suppliers and developers of solutions for manufacturing businesses
- Those in charge of technological advances and innovation
- Training centres and learning establishments supporting manufacturing workers
- Investment funds
- The city’s business community
- And anyone else interested in the subject
Quebec’s manufacturing industry in numbers: :
- $69.3 billion in direct and indirect profits
- 90% of Quebec exports
- 765,000 jobs, including 470,000 direct jobs
- 22.1% more than the service sector’s average salary
- 14.1% of Quebec’s economy
- 30% of foreign direct investments in Canada
- 55% of R&D expenditures
 Source : The Future of Quebec’s Manufacturing Industry, Deloitte, 2015 Edition, the ISQ and Statistics Canada.