Why take this accelerated training on trade agreements?
On November 24, 2023 take part in this 1.5-hour virtual training session to learn about Canada’s free-trade agreements in order to diversify your exports and boost your international development.
Several studies show that businesses are not taking full advantage of free trade agreements and that some of our agreements are underutilized. The Canada-European Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and the Trans-Pacific Partnership are no exception, even though they represent a market more than double the size of the U.S. market.
Nearly 75% of Canada’s exports depend on the U.S. market. To diversify our export markets and reduce our dependency on our southern neighbours, other free trade agreements are opening doors to new markets.
This accelerated training will allow you to:
- Discover the countries and markets involved;
- Master the basic concepts of product-specific rules of origin and find the applicable ones;
- Know the documentation and customs compliance requirements;
- Know where to find the information and decipher it;
- Find out how to check and demonstrate that your products meet the tariff change rules;
- Manage indirect product shipments;
- Learn more about the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with the 27 countries in the European Union (EU), as well as the subsidiary agreement with the United Kingdom;
- Find out about the Trans-Pacific Partnership with 10 Pacific Rim countries, including Japan (the third-largest economy in the world);
- Explore agreements with smaller countries, such as Switzerland, Norway, Israel and much more.
Who is this accelerated training session for?
- Any company or entrepreneur wishing to diversify their export markets and benefit from our agreements with Europe, Pacific countries and much more;
- Managers, executives and financial analysts;
- Procurement managers and heads;
- Operations managers and heads;
- Sales managers and heads;
- Business development managers and heads;
- Managers and heads of transport and export and import activities.