Why should you take this training?
Quebec is the province with the most serious labour shortage; more than 120,000 positions, or over 25% of available jobs, are vacant. Companies need to fill these positions, whether skilled or not, to ensure their viability and growth in the short and long term. Foreign workers have thus become essential.
At this training on September 27, you’ll learn how to navigate the different work permits and successfully recruit foreign workers.
What will you learn?
After completing this training, participants will:
- Understand the difference between a permanent worker and a temporary worker
- Understand the difference between the selection and admission of foreign workers
- Understand the particularities regarding the selection of foreign workers in Quebec
- Get an overview of the different processes leading to a work permit, including the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and some exemptions from the LMIA
- Be aware of the employer's obligations when hiring of a foreign worker
- Know the consequences in the event of a violation or non-compliance with these obligations