From January 28 to February 1, 2019, be among the first to witness the latest developments and trends in financial innovation through our trade mission to the Paris Fintech Forum 2019.
Following the international success of the last three editions of this forum, the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal and Finance Montréal are organizing this mission for the second time to support new companies throughout Quebec again.
Paris FinTech Forum 2019
The Paris FinTech Forum 2019 aims to bring 2,600 participants together for two days of talks (January 29 and 30, 2019) in the centre of Paris.
This major international event will host over 220 industry leaders and more than 150 FinTech CEOs. Sixty countries will be represented and more than half of the speakers will come from outside the country. It is a high-end, business-focused event that you won’t want to miss.
Why attend the Paris FinTech Forum 2019?
Discover the financial innovation sector in Montréal and France
Attending the mission includes:
- Preparatory activities in Montréal before departure, including:
- A Paris FinTech Forum ticket;
- A welcome seminar;
- Business trips to various FinTech innovation centres;
- Networking events;
- A directory of participants to expand your visibility—hundreds of copies will be distributed at the forum (participants who register after December 17 will not have their information added to the directory);
- Support from the CCMM’s Acclr experts and Finance Montréal experts (event coordination, on-site resource staff).
Special FinTech (Basic package and individual business meetings)
- Basic package
- Telephone meeting with the consultant to define the needs (before the mission)
- A minimum of 2 individual meetings planned according to the defined needs (during the mission)
Grants are available:
Click here if you are a start-up in the FinTech sector.
Click here if you are an entrepreneur under 35.
Why attend the Paris FinTech Forum 2019?
“We felt that the best way to achieve this objective was to attend this international forum that brings together all of the sector’s key players as well as potential partners whom we need in order to carry out our project.” The result: “We were able to get in touch with three major banks, two payment processing companies and three potential partners to expand our services into about a hundred countries. We are currently in discussions with an investment fund and a venture capital fund, which we came across in Paris, to raise funds. The event exceeded our expectations,” shared Mr. Dowouo, Squares Union President.
See the list of companies that participated in 2018
This second edition is a unique opportunity to:
- Discover FinTech business opportunities in the French market;
- Understand the mechanics of the FinTech ecosystem (actors, sectoral associations, incubators, accelerators, etc.);
- Improve your knowledge of doing business in France;
- Participate in a major international event.
Learn about the financial innovation sector:
- Finance Montréal launched the Montréal FinTech Station’s operations in September 2018. The Station aims to act as a catalyst for development in Montréal, Quebec and Canada. Through various initiatives, the Station will contribute to the growth of new FinTech companies, the acceleration of the digital transformation of large financial institutions, the creation of investment opportunities and the increase in economic benefits for the FinTech ecosystem. The Station will accommodate between 20 and 30 young local and international companies in 2019.
- Quebec announced an investment of $10 million over the next five years to support the FinTech Station’s development.
- There are 75 to 80 active FinTech companies in Montréal (according to Finance Montréal).
France, like several other European countries, is continuing its efforts in the FinTech sector.
- France Innovation created an international hub and aims to sign agreements with several cities and countries, including Canada.
- Paris is the only city in continental Europe to bring together the entire finance ecosystem: banks, asset managers, insurers and market infrastructures.
- French FinTech companies have raised €200 million since January (La Tribune), which is a new capital record.
- This is more than during all of 2016.
- If this continues, last year’s record of €318 million will be beaten.
- In KPMG’s ranking of the 100 top FinTech companies, six French ones made the list in 2017.
Who should participate in this mission?
- FinTech representatives;
- Representatives of Quebec’s finance sector (financial institutions, insurance companies, organizations, etc.).
Are you a start-up in the FinTech sector?
Finance Montréal will provide a grant for five FinTech start-ups to participate in the mission at no cost.To discover all the selection criteria and submit your application, click here.
Deadline to submit your application: December 17th, 2018.
Are you an entrepreneur under 35?
Entrepreneurs under 35 may also receive a $1,500 grant from Les Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) to cover costs for international transportation to the trade mission in Paris. More information coming soon.