The mission in short
From November 12 to 15, join a multi-sectorial trade mission to Lyon as part of the 2018 Entretiens Jacques Cartier. The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal’s team of Acclr international trade experts invites you to this event presented by the Centre Jacques Cartier.
The Entretiens Jacques Cartier
For more than 30 years, this event has been organized by the Centre Jacques Cartier, alternating between Lyon and Montréal.
During three days, 3,000 stakeholders and decision-makers and more than 400 speakers from the francophone business, academic and cultural communities will come together for presentations and networking events.
These conversations are designed to encourage networking, promote the status and attractiveness of the two areas, and help share best business practices.
To consult the preliminary program of the Entretiens, click here.
Who is this mission for?
Discover the program of the France-Quebec Comparative Analysis Forum
Why join this trade mission?
It is a special opportunity for Quebec companies to:
- Make business connections with potential clients and partners
- Share best practices in an exceptional context
- Enjoy the heightened visibility provided by a group mission
Participation in the mission includes:
* Plane ticket not included, and hotel reservation optional.
**Participants who register after September 28 will not have their contact information added to the directory.
Lyon: a fascinating city!
Lyon is among Europe’s most attractive cities and is continuously developing to allow companies to do more and reach further.
Thanks to these various factors, it has a dynamic and diverse economic pool:
- A favourable environment for business growth
- Strategic location at the centre of Europe
- A favourable research and innovation ecosystem
- Areas of excellence
- Exceptional economic appeal
The presence of more than 150 world leaders also proves that Lyon has international influence and many business opportunities.
- Largest industrial agglomeration in France (outside of Ile-de-France)
- European leader in new forms of mobility
- Leading area in France for smart grids
- Largest French healthcare hub: Lyonbiopôle
- Second largest logistics region in France
- Second largest digital hub in France
- Leading smart city in France
- Largest budget in France for investments in clean technology
Who should participate
Any company that wants to develop its business in France and learn more about this market. This mission is especially interesting for the following industries:
- Infrastructure and construction
- Energy and sustainable development
- Culture and arts
- Artificial intelligence
- Innovative manufacturers
- Legal services and law firms
- Life sciences and health sciences
- Public services
- Communications and media
- Clean technology
It is intended for company executives, heads of business development, sales directors, international trade directors and any other person with an interest in developing products/services in France.
Entrepreneurs under the age of 35 may also be eligible for a $1,500 grant from Les Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) to cover the costs of international travel required for the trade mission to Lyon. To find out if you qualify, see the criteria here.
These business figures from Quebec and France have confirmed their attendance at the Entretiens Jacques Cartier:
- Nicolas Duvernois, President and Founder of Pur Vodka
- Vickie Joseph, Co-founder of Groupe 3737
- Louis-Philippe Maurice, CEO and Co-founder of Busbud
- Laurent Satre, President of Rézoway
- Laurent Fiard, Co-president of Visiativ
- Frantz Saintellemy, President and Head of Operations at LeddarTech
- Jean-Pierre Farandou, CEO of Keolis Group
- Fabrice Brunet, CEO of the CHUM
- Michael Peters, CEO of Euronews
You are a business woman interested in women entrepreneurship?
LOJIQ will award a grant of 1500$ to five women entrepreneurs to allow them to participate in the trade mission. To discover all the selection criteria and submit your application, click here
A customized program including a conference on women entrepreneurship organized by the Centre Jacques Cartier will be implemented for the participants selected by LOJIQ.