The integration of Syrian refugees into Quebec society is mainly achieved through their entry onto the job market. It is our collective responsibility to support them in their search for employment and thereby allow them to reach their full potential for integration and to contribute to the city’s social and economic development.
Michel Leblanc, president and CEO of
the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal.
The Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal is organizing a day to familiarize Syrian refugees with the business milieu to help foster their professional integration in the Greater Montréal region.
At this event, several stakeholders from the business community will take part in a seminar on the Montréal job market, introducing Syrian refugees to various promising sectors in Greater Montréal, to trades and professions that are in demand, to the organizational reality within SMEs, and to work culture in Quebec. The seminar will be followed with a structured networking activity with some one hundred company representatives and mentors brought together by the Board of Trade.
- 1 pm – 4 pm: Seminar on the Montréal job market
- 4 pm – 7 pm: Networking activity
Speech language: to be confirmed
- Promote your job openings to some one hundred refugee candidates.
- Share your knowledge of the Montréal job market and your sector of activity.
Refugees of Syrian origin, having recently arrived in Quebec and currently seeking employment
- Meet professionals and representatives of Montréal companies
- And learn more about
- Promising sectors in Montréal
- Trades and professions in demand
- The organizational reality within SMEs
- Work culture in Quebec
- Support for entrepreneurship
May 15, 2016
To be confirmed
Free activity. Registration required.
Contact: Ariane Cloutier, firstname.lastname@example.org, T 514 871-4000, extension 4071
The metropolitan business community supports the professional integration of new arrivals from Syria.