A brief look at the Gulf Cooperation Council countries
Export Development Canada
Business Culture: learn how to negotiate with the Gulf countries
Roussin Larose Lessard
Legal aspects: getting established in the region
Co-owner and director
Associate Director, Product Innovation
Take part in major projects and international calls for tender
SdM Chartered Professional Accountants
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Assess your business potential in the Gulf countries
- Get advice that will help you stand out
- Learn how to find local business partners
- Find out about business opportunities and upcoming major projects in these markets
The preliminary program is available here.
WHY THE GULF MARKETS?
Saudi Arabia and its five neighbours in the Persian Gulf—Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman—together make up the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), a customs union and dynamic regional whole that attracts investors from around the world.
Quebec-based entrepreneurs have not yet established a large-scale presence on these markets, although businesspeople in the region are open to developing commercial ties with our companies.
Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements (FIPAs) exist between Canada and Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, and Bahrain; bilateral trade between the Gulf and Canada was over $4.8 billion USD in 2009.
In the current context of strong demographic growth, the governments of the GCC member countries are reinvesting their oil and gas revenues in urban development, tourism, and sustainable development in order to diversify their economies.
Excellent business opportunities are arising from public and private investment projects in a wide range of sectors, including the following:
- Public transit
- Materials and services for oil and gas development
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Food products
- Healthcare institutions
- Water treatment
- Educational establishments
The countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council also represent:
- Estimated growth of 3.7% in 2013
- A combined GDP of $1.4 trillion USD
- A combined population of nearly 50 million inhabitants
- Among the highest per capita GDPs in the world
- Daring real estate projects, grand hotels, and Emirates and Qatar Airways airlines
- The creation of new eco-sustainable and technologically advanced cities
The creation of new eco-sustainable and technologically advanced cities
WHO IS IT FOR?
Any company seeking promising markets in the Middle East, and looking for business partners in the region.
Develop your business in one of the world’s richest regions!