1. THE TEXAS BUSINESS ENVIRONNMENT
American Chamber of Commerce in Canada
2. TEXAS AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Consulate general of Canada in Dallas
3. GET READY TO DEVELOP THE TEXAN MARKET
Avantage Interaction Client
4. LEGAL AND TAX ASPECTS OF TRADE IN TEXAS
5. TESTIMONY BUSINESS IN TEXAS 1
6. TESTIMONY BUSINESS IN TEXAS 2
7. TESTIMONY BUSINESS IN TEXAS 3
The Activity in Brief
On February 11, our guest experts will address several aspects of doing business in Texas. Come assess the potential of this market for your business.
You will also be able to speak to lecturers and entrepreneurs in attendance about their respective sectors of activity, and take advantage of their advice regarding the best business development strategies to leverage.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Learn about business prospects in Texas
- Assess your development strategy for the Texan market
- Hear Quebec entrepreneurs speak about their experience on this market
- Meet potential partners and key players for your projects in Texas
- Understand the challenges and issues for Quebec-based companies
Texas is Quebec’s second-largest trade partner in the United States, after New York State. Its strong, industrialized economy is a sound value for the business development of Quebec companies.
In 2012, Quebec exported $3 billion in goods to the state of Texas, mainly consisting of airplanes, aeronautics materials, aluminium, and medicine. Texas’ economy is based on a number of promising sectors: energy, information technology, electronics and software, life sciences, green technology, and aircraft construction.
Texas also represents:
- A population of 26 million inhabitants whose average annual disposable income is $40,147
- The second most populous state in the United States, ahead of New York and California
- The second-highest GDP in the United States: $1.207 billion
- The third-largest high-tech hub in the U.S., after Silicon Valley and Massachusetts
- The world’s 13th largest economy, were it to be an independent state
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All companies intending to develop their business in Texas or seeking to learn more about this market.
The activity is most specifically geared to businesses in the following sectors:
- Green technology
- Information technology
- Life sciences
- Health technologies
This activity will also be of particular interest to:
- Investors and financial institutions
- International project management advisors
- Businesses with experience on the Texan market
Learn about promising opportunities for your business in Texas!