The global fintech sector in brief:
Financial technology continues to evolve and is being adopted on an increasingly wider basis. Fintech offers solid prospects for growth.
The Canadian fintech market is growing and has the potential to increase its influence within the world’s major financial centres. Over 44 companies in the fintech sector benefited from investments in Canada in 2015.
Montréal is on the right track to positioning itself as the key city for fintech in Canada in the coming years, and to drive the growth of investment in the sector.
As far as Europe is concerned, investments in fintech have more than doubled, with $2 billion invested in the second quarter of 2017. The robust European market is encouraged by the development of tech/fintech incubators in London, Berlin, Paris, and Dublin. In France, fintech investment spiked by over 750%, going from 19 to 167 M€ between 2014 and 2015 (Accenture).
The 2018 Paris Fintech Forum
After the international success of the two previous editions, the 2018 Paris Fintech Forum is aiming to bring together over 2,000 participants for the 2-day conference (January 30 and 31, 2018) in the heart of Paris. This international-calibre event will welcome over 200 business leaders to the stage and over 150 fintech CEOs. Forty-five countries will be represented and over 75% of the speakers will be from abroad. It’s a high-level, business oriented event that’s not to be missed!
The trade mission to Paris includes:
- A preparatory seminar in Montréal, including a presentation on French fintech regulations and a “sales pitch” workshop to prepare the mission’s participants for B2B meetings
- An introductory seminar in Paris on the topic of “Doing business in France”
- A pass for the Paris Fintech Forum, which takes place on January 30 and 31, 2018
- Participation in three (3) networking activities during the Paris Fintech Forum and outside of the event
- Individual business meetings (minimum of two  per company)
- Two (2) or three (3) trade tours for a better understanding of the fintech ecosystem in France
- Guidance and support throughout the mission, and the handling of logistics
A unique opportunity to...
- Explore business opportunities for fintech on the French market
- Understand the functioning of the fintech ecosystem (stakeholders, sectoral associations, incubators, accelerators, etc.)
- Further your knowledge of the way business is conducted in France
- Take part in a world-class event, the Paris Fintech Forum, to:
- Develop your network of international contacts and identify eventual business partners
- Maintain a technology watch of the sector to monitor new trends.
Who should take part in the mission?
This mission is intended for fintech representatives.
Entrepreneurs under the age of 35 may also be eligible for a $1,500 grant from Les Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) to cover the costs of international travel required for the trade mission to Paris. To find out if you qualify, see the criteria here.