1. WORDS OF WELCOME
Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia in Canada
2. OVERVIEW OF MONTREAL CAPABILITIES AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Vice-president, Investment greater Montreal
3. DOING BUSINESS IN TURKEY
Canada Country Advisor
Investment Support and Promotion Agency – Invest In Turkey
4. PANEL – AEROSPACE SECTOR
Pr Mustafa Cavcar
Eskisehir Aerospace Cluster
Anadolu University Civil Aviation Research and Implementation Center (Center of Excellence)
Directeur de la stratégie
Martin Lafleur, MBA
Directeur principal, Innovation, relève et main-d’œuvre, Défense et sécurité nationale
5. PANEL 2 – SECTEUR DE L’ÉNERGIE ET DE L’INFRASTRUCTURE
Conseiller National au Canada
L’Agence turque pour la Promotion et le soutien à l’investissement
6. PANEL 3 – SECTEUR DES TECHNOLOGIES DE L’INFORMATION ET DES COMMUNICATIONS
Vice-présidente, Ressources humaines
OZ Optics Limited
7. PANEL 4 – ÉDUCATION
Directrice adjointe, Partenariats internationaux
THE ACTIVITY IN BRIEF
On June 4, the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal and its team of international trade experts, the World Trade Centre Montréal, along with the Canadian-Turkish Business Council and the Turkish-Canadian Business Council invite you to take part in a Canada-Turkey business conference attended by a high-level Turkish delegation.
This event will provide an opportunity for participants to discover how to do business in Turkey. The sectors of focus are: aerospace, education, energy, and information technology and communications.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Network with a high-level Turkish delegation
- Learn more about business development between Quebec and Turkey
- Find out more about such key sectors as aerospace, education, information technology and communications, and energy
- Hear the testimonials of Quebec companies that have developed their business in Turkey, and of Turkish firms doing business in Canada
Turkey experienced a robust economic recovery after the global crisis. The world’s 17th most populous country—and one in which half the population is under the age of 29—, Turkey is an emerging nation with strong economic potential, offering countless business opportunities for our companies. It has been identified as a priority market for Canada and it is also an open gateway to the markets of the European Union (EU), Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Central Asia.
Facts and figures:
- A large market of over 75 million consumers (one of the most populous markets in Europe)
- A young population, and a qualified, accessible, and economical work force
- A new middle class (60% of the population) that purchases foreign goods and that recently experienced a significant increase in its standard of living
- A legal framework that is very close to European standards
- A customs union with the EU, which has allowed for true economic rapprochement between these two markets
- Significant tax and other incentives for foreign companies
- A transparent banking sector and an efficient public sector
WHO IS IT FOR?
- All companies seeking to do business on the Turkish market or to gain access to other markets in the European Union, the Middle East, and Asia.
- The activity will be of particular interest to businesses in the following sectors:
- Information technology and communications
AerospaceCome learn more about this country that offers a great potential for business and is as easy to access as any nation in the European Union!