THE ACTIVITY IN BRIEF
As part of the Focus USA week, which is taking place from June 1st to 5, 2015, the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal’s team of international trade experts, the World Trade Centre Montréal, is inviting you to take a behind-the-scenes tour of Pierre-Elliot-Trudeau Airport on June 5.
By taking part in this activity, you will have an opportunity to learn more about the airport from our various experts and through tours of various airport zones not open to the public. You will also get to speed up your Canadian-American border crossings by obtaining your NEXUS card (dependent on acceptance of your application).
Register for the event and get accelerated access to a NEXUS membership.
Membership in the NEXUS program
A simplified three-step process:
- Complete the form
- Submit your NEXUS application online
- Get your interview with the border agencies at the June 5 event
Seminars and tours
- Attend a seminar entitled “Understanding border services and issues in Canada and the United States”
- Tour the airport’s cargo and customs zones
Interested in conducting business with our southern neighbours? Check out these other activities from Focus USA:
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Get your NEXUS accreditation
- Go behind the scenes at the airport (cargo and customs zones)
- Understand border services and issues in Canada and the United States
- Demystify the processes and regulations of international transportation
WHY JOIN NEXUS?
- To bypass waiting lines when you travel through airports or cross land borders
- To get a five (5) year membership
The Montréal-Trudeau Airport is tied with the Calgary Airport as the third busiest airport in Canada. It hosts over 14 million passengers from around the world each year, including 3.5 million cross-border travellers. No less than 230,000 airplanes land on Montreal soil each year.
Through the Montréal-Trudeau and Montréal-Mirabel airports, the region is in a position to handle all manner of goods, travelling on any type of aircraft, every day, 24 hours a day. In 2013, 177 tonnes of goods came through our airports. Montreal is a strategic point for the transit of goods between Europe and North America. The airports are located close to major Quebec highways and less than 30 minutes from downtown Montreal.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All companies seeking to develop their business in the United States or looking to learn more about this market. The activities will be of particular interest to firms and suppliers in the following sectors:
- Design, interior design
- Environment, sustainable development
- Machinery and equipment
- Green technology
- Metals, hardware, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and construction materials
- Companies with experience on the American market