The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal’s Acclr team of international trade experts are pleased to invite you to a seminar on business opportunities in India, taking place on November 15.
This activity will be structured to provide you with practical knowledge of several facets of India, namely current business opportunities in the smart cities, life sciences, and agri-food sectors, as well as certain aspects of business culture, taxation, and the legal framework.
India in brief
India is a choice destination for foreign investment given its economy—which is one of the fastest-growing in the world—, its large pool of qualified labour at competitive costs, and its lucrative national market.
With over 1.32 billion inhabitants, the country offers direct access to a huge market of consumers made up of a growing middle class, and a sizable population of young and dynamic individuals.
The India seminar, a unique opportunity to…
- Ask all your questions, directly to the experts
- Take part in small group discussions
- Benefit from the advice of speakers specializing in this market
- Meet several entrepreneurs with extensive experience on the market
- Speak to potential partners and key stakeholders for your projects.
Fast facts about India
- GDP growth is forecast at 7.6% for 2017, making it the world’s fastest-growing economy among developed economies according to the IMF
- In 2015, Canadian exports to India amounted to 4.32 billion dollars
- Over the last few years, the health care industry has seen growth of 10% and is expected to reach 145 billion USD by 2018 and over 280 billion USD by 2025
- The agri-food sector represents 17% of India’s GDP, with 50% of Indian workers depending on the sector.
Who should attend the seminar on business opportunities in India?
All entrepreneurs seeking to enter the Indian market or already present on the market and seeking to further their knowledge.
The seminar will be of particular interest to businesses in the following sectors:
- Agri-food, agriculture, and food
- Smart cities
- Life sciences and medical equipment
- Wood products
- Pharmaceutical products