Singapore is located at the southern tip of peninsular Malaysia and at the mouth of the Strait of Malacca. Acting as a gateway to the Chinese, Indian, and Southeast Asian markets, Singapore is open to the entry of Canadian firms in the regional value chains.
Over the years, this region has become a hub for Asian and global trade, and in 2015, its economy had a rate of openness to trade equal to 115% of its GDP. This GDP, estimated to be over 400 billion CAD, is one of the highest in terms of purchasing power parity at 85,000 USD per capita.
By developing its maritime and air infrastructures, Singapore has risen through the ranks to now have the 2nd busiest ports and 6th most frequented airports in the world. These are but some of the reasons that make Singapore one of the easiest places in the world to do business.
The activity in brief
New format: ask the experts all of your questions
Adopt a better business development strategy for Singapore by taking part in this new group meeting activity.
Through the special format of this activity, you will gain practical knowledge of several facets of Singapore, from current business opportunities to certain aspects of business culture, taxation and the legal system.
Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Directly ask the experts all of your questions
- Take part in a small group discussion
- Benefit from the advice of a specialized panel of speakers
- Meet several entrepreneurs with in-depth experience on the market
- Speak to potential partners and key stakeholders for your projects.
A unique opportunity to…
- Understand the business context in Singapore, and how it has evolved
- Ask all of your questions directly to the experts, and get their advice
- Update your knowledge of the forecasts for various sectors
- Identify relevant business opportunities for your company
- Hear testimonials from Québec entrepreneurs who have found success on this market.
Singapore facts and figures:
- A highly developed and open free market economy
- A stable political regime with one of the lowest corruption indexes in the world
- A market of over 5.5 million consumers
- In 2016, the value of exports from Québec was 497.8 million CAD (33% of the total of Canadian exports to Singapore)
- Québec’s 6th largest client on the Asian continent
- A member of the United Nations and the World Trade Organization
- A founding nation of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), which encompasses over 625 million consumers
- Sovereign wealth funds sitting on $250 billion of investment capital
- Growing tourism revenue
Who should take part?
- The seminar will be of particular interest to businesses in the following sectors:
- Aerospace engineering
- Marine engineering and offshoring
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Urban infrastructure (construction)
- Green energy
- Chemical products
- Water treatment
- Health care
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Medical technology
- Telecommunications (service and infrastructure)
- Natural resources
- Safety and security
Don’t delay! Limited number of 20 tickets available.
Singapore: your gateway to the great potential of the Asian market.