The mission in brief
The Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal’s Acclr team of international trade experts and the Alliance numérique invite Québec companies and organizations to come witness the flourishing development of Québec’s video game industry at the largest trade show in the business.
- Promote the Québec video game industry, as well as its studios, their people, and games being presented at E3 in order to highlight the importance of this economic force at the international level.
- Generate media exposure for Québec studios, showcase their know-how, and acknowledge their exceptional commercial achievements.
The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is the largest international video game and interactive entertainment trade show. E3 gives companies a chance to communicate with one another and is a source of inspiration for those in the field of interactive entertainment. It is the venue where new products, upcoming games, and major trends make their first appearances. E3 is the most efficient way to get in touch with video game industry professionals. Publishers, media, and influencers—all the big names will be there!
The trade show
Every year, top talent in the interactive entertainment industry gathers at the Los Angeles Convention Center for E3. Industry leaders, emerging technologies, and new products and ideas are unveiled over the three days of the trade show. E3 brings together established and new players from around the world and offers incredible exposure. The top developers and publishers attend and head up highly anticipated sessions. Since 1995, E3 has been a source of inspiration for the entire interactive entertainment industry.
E3 is known for its jam-packed schedule, innovative content, and fast pace. The program includes several sessions, game releases, and exciting new technological developments. The report from E3 2016 was promising, with the announcement of new hardware by Microsoft, enticing licences at Sony, and the strong presence of virtual reality. The new Open World trend was definitely a standout. This year, new sessions by Bethesda and Warner Bros have been announced, and there is some mystery surrounding Mario’s big comeback. Several of our studios plan to make announcements or launch their new games at the show.
E3 at a glance:
- The largest video game trade show in the world
- 1,600 products presented
- Over 50,000 visitors from some 100 countries, 90% of whom will buy a product seen at the trade show
- Specialized sessions
- Unveiling of the latest in interactive entertainment
- Over 300 exhibitors, including Bethesda, Nintendo, and Sony
- 8 million live viewers via YouTube
- Media coverage that generates 60 billion views
Who should take part?
All Québec video game companies that are active in the area of digital creativity and are seeking to promote their expertise to major industry players:
- Québec video game studios
- All banking/financial or investment representatives seeking to develop a better understanding of this niche and its associated opportunities
- Media outlets
Promote Québec’s expertise at the largest video game trade show in the world.